Roblox Studio Mod Manager

Do you have a patch for it yet? I’m trying to experiment with the new clouds and I’ve literally uninstalled and reinstalled practically everything for Roblox and I’m still getting this error.

I did patch the bug recently but I forgot to make a new release for it.

Will post it as soon as I’m available to do so.
In the mean time you can download the executable directly from the repository and it should work.

3 Likes

Should be good now.

2 Likes

uhhhhh, I don’t know what causes this, but I also have reinstalled my Roblox studio for 2x times now

Edit: Installing the most recent version of Mod Manager from GitHub appears to solve this issue – I originally selected the “Force Reinstallation” setting, thinking that it would provide the most recent version of the Mod Manager when it only reinstalls the selected version of Roblox Studio.

Thanks to @jrelvas for suggesting this:

Original Post

This text will be blurred I’ve been experiencing an issue for the past few weeks where I’ve been unable to change the camera orientation by holding right click and moving my mouse around while playtesting (not editing) with the Roblox Studio Mod Manager. I tried reinstalling the Mod Manager along with selecting an earlier Roblox Studio build to launch with but neither of those altered its behavior.

This doesn’t occur when I launch Roblox Studio normally (without the Mod Manager) & I waited some time after initially experiencing this (and eventually forgetting about it until now since I haven’t had the time to develop) just in case it was a random bug that was experienced across the board that would’ve been fixed soon after, but that never ended up being the case. The following video demonstrates what happens when I try to adjust the camera’s orientation:

3 Likes

I initially had the same issue described in this post, but replacing the mod manager with the most recent version has fixed this.

2 Likes

This is amazing, but I do have a question, do I need to start it up every time I turn on my laptop?

2021-08

My antivirus : Bitdefender Premium

it’s detect our software as a trojan

It’s a false diagnosis. The program exhibits the behavior of a Trojan since it installs and executes code from a remote location, but the code it’s installing is literally just Roblox Studio from Roblox’s own Amazon S3 bucket. You don’t really need antivirus software outside of Windows Defender anyway.

6 Likes

Why doesn’t it let me select the studio branch?

Roblox’s sitetest branches are mostly dead, but I’m probably going to re-enable them soon.

5 Likes

I have 2 questions:

• May I possibly add a shortcut for the Launch Studio button?

And

• Can I change the Mod Manager Icon? I would like it to be the Studio one.
EDIT

I managed to do it in some hacky way, but how about the first question?

This is very cool but is there a way to uninstall this? Thanks

Just run Roblox Studio’s regular launcher and it should revert everything.

3 Likes

Alright thanks for the information :grinning:

bruh

my mod manager is broken, I can’t even use it (I installed the .zip one)

any ways to fix this?

Hey, do you any idea why this happens? It works fine before

I’ve overridden RenderHighlightPass to true and it just crashes when I insert a highlight instance into a model

I just downloaded Mod Manager for Vanilla icons, but when I launch Roblox Studio through my already existing Studio taskbar shortcut, it doesn’t launch with the icons applied. Does Mod Manager install a completely separate build of Studio in a different directory (the %localappdata%/Roblox Studio directory)?

Ah, I see.

Then the question is, how does one connect a shortcut to the Launch Studio button? Is there a command line option to launch the modded Roblox Studio?

1 Like

That problem is on Roblox’s end, not mine.
The feature is not stable for public use yet.

2 Likes