Roblox Studio Mod Manager

This isn’t available for Mac OSX at this time and I’m not sure if it ever will be.

2 Likes

I was tried to install vanilla on mac. But I have to install it manually then.

I think a cool feature would be a sorting option when in the FFlag Editor, something to filter the list by newest to old or recently modified by roblox.

Just a suggestion :eyes:

1 Like

@Maximum_ADHD Hi I just get this popup, This occurs when I install it for the first time, I have disabled av and reinstalled it multiple times

1 Like

Everytime I do anything in this program I get an error like this. (Example is Class Icons button btw)

“Downloading the new version” (saying that in quotations because I already have the newest version) also hangs for like, a few hours. At the end, I think it will also do the error above (I just remember this happening from using this program from a while ago)

If my specs are causing some bug, then here they are: god i hope nothing here is sensitive

Where exactly should I put this folder, though??

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Roblox Studio

1 Like

Why there is no .dmg file?

.dmg is compatible for mac. .dmg files can install the app when the app logo is dragged to applications folder.

Because the app doesn’t support mac?

@Maximum_ADHD should know anything about .dmg files. If the mod manager has the .dmg file, it can be installed on mac.

I doubt he has an Mac emulator so he can’t check if it works properly

I’ve only ever used a Mac for like 5-10 minutes in my life and it was well-before I had any Computer Science training under my belt. I’m familiar with Unix systems but not with the dmg system that Mac uses or how Roblox structures their file system differently on Mac.

The installation protocol and file structure for Mac builds of Roblox differs significantly from the Windows protocol. I can’t just magically make the program work with Macs. It’ll take some research and experimentation to get something that uses a shared codebase, possibly a complete rewrite.

In short it’s not a trivial thing to do.

5 Likes

I suggest .dmg file(s). It works on mac by using .dmg file(s).

So .exe file(s) can be on windows while .dmg can be installed on mac.

I still don’t think you understand, I can’t just port the program to a dmg file without completely rewriting it from scratch. It relies heavily on Windows protocols and infrastructure.

6 Likes

This is an error I get any time I attempt to edit fast flags. This reproduces 100% of the time regardless of branch, version, or launch method.

1 Like

I got the same error but it fixed when I uninstalled and reinstalled Studio Mod Manager.

1 Like

Does anyone have a clue as to why whenever I use this mod manager, texts in studio seem to become offset? This applies to billboard guis as well.

https://gyazo.com/086255422649b6df7375ff320ddccf1b

This has been happening to me as well. Very annoying.

Just to let you know this is an issue already reported on GitHub, it’s due to Roblox not loading the Source Sans font.

1 Like

And is there a fix? This bug is VERY annoying, specially when using plugins.