Roblox studio often bugs out for me soon after a Start Server

This appears to be docking corruption. We’ve got a permanent fix for this coming (as a Beta Feature) in Studio’s next release. In the meantime, if you Reset View this should temporarily resolve this issue…

Reset View in Studio with only one instance running.

Ctrl/Cmd + P to enter Quick Open, type >Reset View (must include “>”), and select that action. Studio must restart. Any other instances running could re-introduce corrupted layout data.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Do you know why this is often causing me to have to log back in after this issue happens?

1 Like

They should not be related. If anything, the log out might be because we launched Mulit-account support last week.

We also released our permanent fix for the docking/layout issue you are having. If you’re getting the Viewport on Play Test issue frequently, try turning this Beta Feature on:

1 Like

More details are here

I got the docking system update, and the issue is still happening for me:

And as before, it requests I log in again after this issue happens:

1 Like

The new docking system got knocked offline late yesterday with v605 — even if you have the Beta Feature turned on. We are working on a hotfix to be released this week.

1 Like

That makes sense, I didnt see the issue directly after the docking system update. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi, the issue is still present for me. And for some reason I still get logged out 50% of the time when this issue arises. Do you know when the hotfix will be released?

1 Like

Forwarding onto this response, I notice this bug (without the logging out issue) replicates for me when I attempt to open 2 active studios and simultaneously edit them or; play test one, leave the play test and then the first section of this bug report can typically occur, if not after repeated action of doing so.:

is the exact behaviour.

The hotfix referenced in December did go out and I would expect this to resolve the Viewport rendering issue but would not affect authentication in any way.

@ar_qx can you confirm you have the Updated Docking Beta enabled?

@Alkan does this consistently happen with this one game? Can you share logs?

I did not have the updated docking beta enabled during this period of replying, I have since enabled it after continued reading. Will give feedback if bug continues :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seems its only affecting this game. My theory is its related to the majority of the server’s code being in one huge script, and having opened that script in a session + starting a server test. I think this triggers something.

I’m not sure what is happening if the hotfix was rereleased long ago. Before it got rolled back, it seemed to fix the issue, and then it returned when it got rolled back. But its still here for me

I’m unfamiliar on what logs you need to see or how to access them

Edit: I opened the game and ran a test, with no script opened. After a few minutes the bug happened. So I dont have any idea whats triggering it.

My first test didn’t log me out. But my second test did:

If this extra info helps:

I disabled the updated dock beta setting, and re-enabled it. Closed all studios. The issue is still happening.

Also when I’m opening another roblox file while the problematic studio window is still open, the file freezes while trying to open. Once I closed the problematic studio window, the file unfroze(and in the case of this test, requested I log in again)

Hiya Paul,
I was just playing around and making animations.
Then I noticed while trying to dock my roblox animator on top of the output that my studio crashed with no warning or notice.

2 Likes

Crash log:
0.607.0.6070550_20240112T181124Z_Studio_8AE16_last.log (5.0 KB)

I’m having a different issue with Studio. I can’t load any new/old games I have access to. I enabled the beta feature which I believed to be the cause but when I disabled it nothing changes.

1 Like

We’ll take a look. Thanks for this!

Hmmm… that’s really strange because the new and old docking don’t share layout data. So it may not be related. Can you Reset View (it will only reset for the current docking system you have active) and see if anything changes?

1 Like

That’s what shows up if you have your Graphics Mode set to No Graphics. You can navigate to it by going into Studio Settings > Rendering > Graphics Mode. If you change it to Automatic it should solve the issue (unless there’s no graphics driver; but I think that’s out of scope)

Edit: here’s a screenshot. changing your Graphics Mode to No Graphics seems to override your layout settings.

Edit 2:

It seems to disable most basic functions of Studio; maybe this is a debug mode?

Plugins are non-functional in this environment

1 Like