Roblox Studio sending a CRAZY amount of data through my WiFi in spikes

Where you have your resource monitor open go to the details tab scroll down until you find the two instances of the.exe and tell me how much memory is reading from that location in the details tab

1 Like

The MBPS drops suddenly after the studio instance is closed. This is enough proof

1 Like

Please try launching Studio with plugins disabled.
Also this should have been reported to Studio Bugs.

3 Likes

I do not have any plugins installed.

Oops

Were you performing any heavy operations during this time? (Generating terrain, importing large models) Does this reproduce every time for you?

Could you also try the following and report back what you see?:

1. Open a copy of the same place, but with Team Create disabled
  2. Open a new baseplate template place with Team Create enabled
  3. Open Studio, but don’t open any places
1 Like

Me and someone else have this exact problem and some possible reproduction steps here, maybe try these?

Go ahead and try to launch Studio with the plugins disabled.

I cannot reproduce it since it happens completely at random. No heavy operations other than having studio open

Like i said in a post a few posts up, I do not have any plugins installed.

I’ve also experienced this. It only happens when I’m idling in a Team Create - nobody is doing anything in the Team Create, but there is still significant network resource usage. Sometimes it happens, other times it does not. I haven’t been able to reproduce it reliably.

Here is a screenshot of my GlassWire (network inspector on Windows) over the last 15 days. Highlighted between the 11th and 12th of December, where Roblox Studio uploaded 179.5 GB overnight. I was doing nothing, and even if others were doing something it doesn’t make sense why I’m uploading data. The only Studio plugin I have which I know makes network requests is Rojo, which wasn’t syncing at the time.

I will add, however, this was not spiking traffic; it was near constant the whole night.

2 Likes

Would like to add to this - whenever I commit specific, larger scripts, studio is quite literally almost taking my internet offline. This was never a problem before, but now, my internet speed slows down an incredible amount (and often just drops out completely), but IMMEDIATELY restores once I force-close studio. This is causing issues as I can never commit these scripts as due to the tanked internet speed they never seem to finish committing.

Edit: After disabling the Drafts feature, I can confirm that this also happens if I try to publish a game after changing a large script

1 Like

That’s strange. Mine spikes randomly when im not doing anything, but when I commit my script that is upwards of 20K+ lines I do not get large spikes. And @unix_system also has a different situation where his is constant. This is so strange :sweat:

1 Like

This is still actively happening. Except this time I was in a play-testing session.

This bug is 100% linked to Team Create as a whole, not just committing.

To workaround, I turned off drafts, downloaded my game locally, opened it up, and then simply published as the game I was editing originally.
Hope this helps anyone who can’t publish their game because of this.

The same thing has been happening to me, Any TC game I open will just hinder my entire internet connection until I force close the studio session. I’ve been working on my game through local save as that’s the only option right now.

1 Like

I have reason to believe this is related to the syncing mechanism since this appears when I try to close studio.

4 Likes

Exact same issue I’ve found as well - severely limiting my workflow and stopping me from sending certain updates out, would appreciate a staff response on this soon.

1 Like

Having this issue as well, I have another bug report open here.

@twberg

1 Like

I’ve also experienced this issue at random when in a team create, it’s especially worse when there’s actually other collaborators in the team create. That seems to make it happen more often, sometimes it just increases the continuous bandwidth.

on a side note (off-topic)

…on a side note, new studio update is awful. Icons don’t feel unique enough anymore, and it randomly lags worse than a place with nearly 78Mb of terrain did on the old studio in a local file I basically only have scripts in. But that’s irrelevant to the topic.

Kind of annoying how it suddenly eats up all my bandwidth and makes other stuff stutter sometimes.

2 Likes

Can confirm I’m having this issue too. It only occurs when I insert a model with a high triangle count.

It goes back to 32 kbps once the studio instance is killed.