Roblox VR System Update

I have been experiencing issues with this update. It promises gamepad support which is not working. I am using my gamepad with SteamVR and everything except left joystick movement works. I can do everything but move. Without VR, everything works fine so it must be a bug with the VR PlayerScripts.

6 Likes

Thank you for putting focus back onto VR. Keep it up.

4 Likes

are we gonna be able to move our arms around?

2 Likes

btw, you can now see throught walls… (i tested)

1 Like

nah, you can’t. Only if creator of place will add nexus vr or something

2 Likes

nah, only creator of any place can add ‘nexus vr’

and then body tracking will be here.

3 Likes

I highly doubt that it will get released on the Oculus store…

4 Likes

So you’re telling me when the roblox player launches while playing on vr, there’s going to be a home screen for it too?

Screenshot 2022-01-21 180406

Roblox is going to be an app on the oculus store, It’s also gonna be supported on various devices, as shown in the image above.

6 Likes

Trying to start local servers will currently impossible with Steam VR because steam will only allow one VR game to run at a time.

If this is a configurable setting with Steam VR or something that can be fixed inside of studio, please let me know.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!
I can confirm there is a bug with the SteamVR controller support, gamepads work normally with Oculus and we will look into the Steam issue.

2 Likes

We added a menu option to disable the vignette in VR, which is live in 511. We are working on adding more comfort options soon.

3 Likes

you can also try alvr is what i use it allows you to have handtracking on pc

2 Likes

alvr is performing worse that virtual desktop, and hand tracking is useless anyway. Just use virtual desktop or airlink.

1 Like

well it is a free application so it would preform bad

1 Like

I hate the vignette as well as the turning. The turning is glitchy and doesn’t activate properly with the right thumbstick unless you constantly move it. And it’s completely digital turning (full speed left or full speed right) despite the thumbsticks being analog.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I thought the charger or any USB-C cable works as well? Also you can find link cables for 20 euros.

3 Likes

With 20 dollars he can get a quality USB A to USB C 6 meter cable, it’s a fire deal. Wired looks way better than wireless, with a good router wireless it still gets some compressing, and it looks bad at big distances.

3 Likes

Is there any word on Roblox comming to the Oculus Store?

4 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be there on the Windows beta app.
Also, the VR keyboard no longer works. This completely breaks TextBoxes and other stuff that requires text capture, so now I have to find where my laptop is, and use the keyboard to type. Can we have a VR keyboard fix?

3 Likes

The virtual keyboard was removed a while back, if you want to start typing into text boxes then you better have a real keyboard on hand.