Roblox VR - UI Update

Well but even if it gets bypassed, what can the non-VR users really do? I mean the only reason I could imagine a developer removing access to non-VR players would be if the game wouldn’t be compatibile without a VR Headset. So if players would bypass and join VR games without VR they couldn’t play.

5 Likes

You do not understand my original point, how come a server knows whether you actually have a VR headset or not? It needs to trust you

2 Likes

That’s not the point of the feature :person_facepalming:

I don’t understand what you’re saying? What does this have to do with a feature that restricts a game to VR Devices only.

3 Likes

I second this, the bottom Sidebar is Dark Mode, but the side one is light? What’s going on, pick one!

4 Likes

Amazing update, I have been waiting for this forever! The only work around previously was to make your own UI and slap it on a head-tracking billboardGui.

3 Likes

See the points made in this feature request:

The feature was implemented before which is why is was marked as solved, but was removed for an unknown reason.

3 Likes

FINALLY! So glad to see an update at last. :smile:

Haven’t had the chance to try it yet but does this include a mute/unmute button for voice chat? Enabling/disabling it in VR is literally impossible, which sucks because both VR and VC are immersive features and they seemingly cant even be combined due to that.

3 Likes

And yet there’s no explanation for why I get 38-50 FPS when using VR despite having the RTX 3090.

3 Likes

After this update studio has gotten a bit slower while I’m editing
Using the script editor especially

I’m running it on mac-osx

3 Likes

They used to have this but removed it

1 Like

This is also not a viable option as people will typically put a dislike on games that they are auto-kicked from, thus destroying your game’s like ratio. I really wish they would add a playtime counter to games before people can add a like or dislike… (even like not allowing people to dislike a game until they’ve played for 30 seconds would be nice)

6 Likes

Although I kinda preferred when there was basically no CoreGui visible unless the menu button was pressed (the Roblox button was missing until then), I like how the bottom bar makes it easier to leave an experience and hide ScreenGuis. (Koala Cafe is slightly better in VR now due to that.)

I also like how now it’s easier to interact with the ScreenGui; Having to press the menu button while also pointing forward was awkward and it would’ve been bad to have to explain this to players. Now, it’s as easy as pointing at a button and using the trigger.

So, yeah, I like what this VR update has done, but I’m still thinking it’d be nice if the bottom bar could fade out or become hidden until the user points down to it or something, so there’d be absolutely no UI for maximum immersion. :coefficients:

5 Likes

We are looking into this, more to come.

8 Likes

We will continue to improve the icon design.

4 Likes

Are you having this issue in all games or specific games (more info would be useful, thanks!).

1 Like

All games I play with VR. I boot up my Quest 2, join a game, next thing I know, I’m getting 38-50 FPS. My 3090 is clocked at 1,695 MHz, the base clock.

3 Likes

We tried to place it low enough, so it isn’t in your view when looking forward, but always there for you when you need it if you look down. If we drop it down too far, you have to bend your neck too far, so there is a balance there. Give it a chance and let us know what you think.

6 Likes

How are you connected to your PC?

2 Likes

Whether it’s through Oculus Link or Air Link, I still experience low FPS, but I mainly connect to my computer via the Oculus Link cable.

2 Likes

Having it always visible, wherever you put it, is a problem when you’re interacting with something in the direction of the menu bar. The point of VR is to use your full range of motion to explore the world, and right now the experience of looking down at things is obstructed by the menu bar.

Plenty of VR interaction involves looking slightly down, e.g. to grab something in front of you.

It’s standard in pretty much every other VR game to press the menu button on the controller to show/hide the menu (the menu completely disappears when you hide it). Why not do that?

8 Likes