Unable to completely disable VR use in my experience

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to prevent my visitors from using VR in my experience whether legitimately or by utilising an exploit involving VR. I currently need to use a flimsy workaround by locally kicking the visitor if UserInputService.VREnabled returns true.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would not need to spend time working on VR support for my experience or use fickle solutions to work VR out of my experience. Additionally it would grant me further control over acceptable input devices for my experience based on what my code supports.

I as the developer should continue to be able to determine which platforms my experience is playable on. I do not want my users playing with VR because that’s not the intended way to play. I should be able to completely prevent VR components from being loaded into my experience and make it impossible for users to use anything VR-related in my experience.

21 Likes

Thanks for sharing this problem! We’ll follow up with the team that works on VR support.

7 Likes

EDIT 07/12/2023: It’s back after being removed.

This has been made a feature! A sincere thank you to the team responsible for delivering this feature and permitting developers greater control over the devices allowed in their experiences. No more flimsy workarounds and no more supporting devices that do not fit my experience’s gameplay.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.