[ROBLOXCRITICAL] MarketplaceService Down?

My game is breaking and every time MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync() is called this error occurs. Just started happening around 5 mins ago and getting tons of reports from players.

[ Something went wrong with the request, see response status code.]

@Nightgaladeld

36 Likes

Also have this issue in my game.

Line in question:
hasNameChoice = marketplace:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(pl.UserId,6189968) or marketplace:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(pl.UserId,6213120)

Critical bug as itā€™s preventing people from creating new characters.

5 Likes

Confirm this is happening to my games
In the last 20 minutes Iā€™ve received 300-400 of these, and Iā€™ve never seen them before. The last time I updated my game was ~1 day ago, so it canā€™t be something that I just updated. The error in question is the one in the title of this post. Here are the following API commands that Iā€™m using, that all cause this error:

• MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(ServerOwner.Value.UserId, Gamepass.Value)
    ā€“ ServerOwner cannot be nil, as my error tracker that logs errors uses LogService.MessageOut, and all messages have ServerOwner.Value.UserId and ServerOwner.Value.Name attached to it, so that canā€™t be nil. Gamepass.Value isnā€™t nil either, I manually checked that

• BadgeService:UserHasBadgeAsync(ServerOwner.Value.UserId, Purchase:FindFirstChild(ā€˜BadgeIdā€™).Value)
    ā€“ Once again, the only thing that could be nil is Purchase.BadgeId.Value, but that shouldā€™ve caused an error a long time ago.

Noticed other games are reporting this, is it a roblox critical?! Seems to be an issue with MarketplaceService

Games affected:

2 Likes

Comfirming here aswell, and modules wont load

3 Likes

Our engineering team is investigating this right now, thank you for posting the report.

31 Likes

I can also confirm this, error being ā€œSomething went wrong with the request, see response status codeā€

3 Likes

If you donā€™t use MarketplaceService you wonā€™t be affected.

1 Like

At least the bright side is that assuming the issue is on the backend, any game with decent error handling shouldnā€™t have to restart (once itā€™s fixed). Never forget Murphyā€™s Law.

1 Like

Are DataStores also affected? Every single player on my game has had their data reset and they are getting random data? It only started happening when this error occurred.

4 Likes

I was in my game and just died, and when I re spawned I didnā€™t receive the game pass tools

I have no reported DataStore issues currently.

My guess is that MarketPlaceService probably isnā€™t able to check whether or not you have gamepasses then, and so your scripts wonā€™t give you tools

1 Like

Had to close my game temporarily because of this problem.

2 Likes

Hopefully the issue is fixed soon, I have a riot of ā€œrefund meā€

2 Likes

My game only saves data if it loads correctly and this error should have turned off data saving if there were any problems but everyoneā€™s data is still reset ever since this error started happening.

I got swarmed with reports of the game breaking so I just shutdown all the servers and closed the game because I was afraid data could be hurt.

With my game pass tools, only two-three weapons load, as the others donā€™t, very interesting lol.

Yeah, another aspect is the fact that even already purchased gamepasses do not load in game. Meaning they just disappear.

1 Like

Might be worth looking into the code that runs if data loading fails. Maybe you have something that erases or replaces certain values wrongly?

Update: Iā€™m now getting this error: image

2 Likes