Bug Server on a game I develop on is "broken"

Do you use any toolbox models in your game?

No, I don’t remember using any.

I would do what @Sxdistical recommended and revert versions back by a few. You said you haven’t updated in 2 days maybe revert to one version before that one and see what happens?

1 Like

I am going to sleep it’s like half 2 in the morning. I hope someone comes up with a working solution. :confused:

Do you have any scuffed plugins installed? Some malicious ones are often created to crash servers. Id sugget uninstalling your plugins, enabling “Hidden objects” in your studio settings and make sure there are no injected scripts hidden away.

This is an interesting case, however it does not seem I can join for long enough to open the dev console to see certain stats.

This seems to be a server sided issue, not client. I only got 4% cpu usage while loading and those 4% were probably mostly from chrome.

Here are a few questions I have

1. Any plugins?
  2. What was the error after you turned off HTTP requests?
  3. How much memory does it show in studio’s dev console?
  4. Are you the sole developer for this project? If not, ask all other devs about free models they’ve taken/plugins installed. Recently there’s been a few complaints about a user by the name of @nl2p taking plugins then reuploading them with viruses. Make sure none of your developers have a plugin from them.

Also search through all scripts is CTRL+SHIFT+F

1 Like

What? No. Grouping has nothing to do with performance whatsoever, it’s a form of organisation.

The amount of scripts is only minimally related to performance. A game with several scripts is capable of performing better than a one with less scripts. All code still goes through the same interpreter, task scheduler, VM, whatever. It’s just that you’re creating more entry points in your code now and falling into practice traps, race conditions, edge cases, corner cases, so on are more likely to occur.

3 Likes

I need someone from Roblox staff to look into this. :confused:

Please create a proper bug report for this, engineers won’t see your post in the Scripting Support subcategory.

5 Likes

What do I put the topic as? :confused:

I deleted everything in the workspace and tried to play, problem stopped… What could be causing this?

Wow, a server just opened, and now the datastores have failed to load and are corrupted.

The workspace is empty. :confused: God.

maybe its the roblox servers you attempt to join

I don’t believe this is a [ROBLOXCRITICAL] worthy post, Roblox Critical is mainly used in bug reports.
Please read this thread to have a better understanding on how to use Roblox Critical titles.

7 Likes

This is a bug? Something is causing the game to not work and say ‘slow server’ and it wasn’t a developer on team create because we haven’t made any updates since a few days ago.

But this isn’t proper use of [ROBLOXCRITICAL], you are not supposed to post a bug in Scripting Support.

It doesn’t let me post in the bug section.

This post is unclear on what the “bug” exactly is, and how to replicate it. Can you replicate this in any other games? For example, publishing your current game to another game, does this replicate? What plugins do you currently have?

Edit: I highly suggest removing [ROBLOXCRITICAL] from your post, this is Scripting Support.

1 Like

Also, can you answer these questions?