[ROBLOXCRITICAL] Unable to join any game

Screenshot%20at%20Nov%2009%2020-00-35

Unsure if this is related, but all games that use teleport service to move players into separate worlds for round based games is not working and this is the error message associated with teleport errors.

2 Likes

I am not actually 100% certain what is happening, take this with a grain of salt, but it appears starting servers and/or joining is broken, and i noticed old servers are not disappearing, so perhaps they ran out of places to run servers because of this bug?

3 Likes

You know I was actually thinking about this but it seems Iā€™m not the only one. I thought some odd anomaly in which I was unable to join games occurred but it seems a bug report was already well established about the issue. Yeah, this is quite annoying, to say the least.

2 Likes

Not only is this annoying to me, but I am FULLY ENRAGED right now at Roblox. If they fix it before sunrise, I will forgive them for this. I hate to say this but itā€™s true.

4 Likes

Think you should calm down a little there. Itā€™s understandable that servers are clogged due to active maintenance and high traffic; itā€™s a weekend, after all. But getting mad does nothing and it never has done anything. The OP stated that engineers are currently looking into the issue and since itā€™s ROBLOXCRITICAL (developers losing out on players and whatnot), itā€™s on the highest priority to get fixed. It should be no more than a few hours before things are sparkly again.

2 Likes

I know, but I can wait any longer. I was planning to livestream tommorow about the progress made this week as well as plans for next week. Now that may be derailed due to setbacks.

I think what you said is right. Iā€™ve been watching and found that the empty servers eventually close, from what Iā€™ve seen, at a rate of 3-10 minutes per server on one game. I also noticed that, unlike what I saw earlier today, players are now joining servers with available space instead of being alone in their own server, but the empty servers are still being created and just sit there waiting to shut down. Compare the amount of players joining a game to rate at which the servers close, and it lands at your conclusion.

1 Like

I feel like an update as problematic as this should just be rolled back. Surely that shouldnā€™t take this long to do? Iā€™m just sitting at my desk trying to work. I canā€™t remember the last time an update bricked so many things at once.

2 Likes

I donā€™t receive the error, but instead it loads endlessly, waiting for an available server.

2 Likes

Knowing roblox, itā€™ll take them a few hours or a few days.

Can confirm a friend of mine was having that same issue.

1 Like

Starting to get frustrated with Roblox its taking this long to fix this issue. They could just roll back the update and then fix the issue that way? Also it might be the weekend for Roblox HQ but thatā€™s another reason to do a rollback for nowā€¦
But I hope this issue can be fixed soon, devs at HQ are probably working hard to resolve itā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, why not take a break on this beautiful friday night/saturday? Lol.

3 Likes

Iā€™m also seeing this issue along with not being able to join Team Creates. Iā€™ve been trying to fix what the new physics broke (which is basically everything) and these issues are not helping.

Just to add to things not working,

VIP servers for any game do not work. You will either receive this error message or the ā€œWaiting for an available serverā€ screen will keep loading until you receive the error message.

download

2 Likes

Today around about when I posted the topic as stated in OP

I think that a few people here need to take a step back and remember that Roblox engineers have considered every viable option to fix this issue as soon as possible. They want the service reinstated as much as you do- their losses are racking up just like yours.

Itā€™s understandable that youā€™re frustrated, but these things happen. They are working as hard as they can, potentially even returning to work from their families or other plans in order to resolve the issue.

Personally, I think that they deserve some slack. Itā€™s unfortunate that this happened, but itā€™s not like they arenā€™t taking it seriously. The best we can do for now is to continue to provide them with any information we can to help them diagnose the issues.

7 Likes

Seems like I can only sometimes I can get into studio team create sessions. Another thing Iā€™ve noticed is that sound objects canā€™t be previewed/played in studio without studio freezing up and becoming unresponsive.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s gold for anyone else, but servers are working for me again. Iā€™m able to join games and team creates without issue.

1 Like

I second this