RobloxOS: A Modern and open source operating system within Roblox

(or RobloxOS)

RobloxOS is an open source project that I’ve been working on for the last 3 months and its now “complete enough” to show here.

I will eventually make a documentation on how to make apps or games to RobloxOS because I’m planning this to be an community-ran operating system of sorts that isn’t trying to copy Windows or macOS. It is its own thing separately.

Also i need someone that knows how to make a package manager to make installing apps possible

Images

You can actually test this yourself here

14 Likes

Looks amazing! Very detailed! I like it!

But can it run Doom? :eyes:

5 Likes

IF someone makes a doom port for it…

3 Likes

It looks very good, keep working on it. Just one question: Can it run Roblox?

3 Likes

Well… You can make a engine inside of it but you can also use Roblox’s default 3D renderer with a Game mode that i will make

3 Likes

You could possibly port the 2011 engine. :melting_face:

1 Like

UPDATE!!!

Added

Game Shift: A Couch gaming experience right on the system. It shows all of your friends and favorited games on your Roblox Profile. You can teleport right to the game by just pressing on it!

*note: its not complete yet but its already usable

3 Likes

Looks like we’re getting Doom on this thing

3 Likes

Why is there an ERROR IT OUT Feature, it almost crashed my device, please remove this.
(Error It Out feature is caused by right clicking too much times:
and it shows a lot of error messages i guess)

1 Like

That is the point of the joke lol

1 Like

Well at least dont make it crash the player and just make it show the error message, you might harm someones device (no offense to your roblox-os)

1 Like

I don’t think I have the Albert Einstein brain to port a shader lol

My module isn’t a game engine anyway, it’s a rendering engine.
CanvasDraw would be very easy to make Doom in though.

1 Like

I really like that Game Shift thing you added!

1 Like

Thanks! Although I made a different theme that’s live rn. I will make a setting that lets you change the current theme

neat’o what’s the kernel? unix? unix-like? linux? or maybe even NT from Windows, but i dont expect that since it’s closed-source and NT lol

1 Like

It’s uhhhh… Luau-like? Idk it’s entirely made on Roblox. I mean the core of the operating system is keyboard based just like any other but instead of C it’s Luau

Cool project! You should make a github repo for it so it’s easy for other people to contribute

1 Like

There’s still should be some of virtualized environment i think, for a complete OS to run within

1 Like

Luau is a VM inside Roblox’s C++ compiler after all