RoFilter - Roblox chat filter in your Discord server!

Unlike other things today, this is not a joke.

RoFilter

Hello, everyone, my name is Martin and today I have created an amazing bot for the public that lets you utilize Roblox’s chat filter in your own Discord server! This is all possible through a bot that you can install on your server here: Discord

Features

Currently, RoFilter only uses Roblox chat filter, but it only replaces messages that the filter deemed inappropriate. It does this to prevent chat interruption, while still allowing the other parts of the appropriate message to go through.

Example:

Commands

There are two commands you can use RoFilter with currently:

• r!help See various commands of this bot
  • r!setup Post this in any channel you want to add RoFilter to!
  • r!webhook-setup <1-5> Adds webhooks for the bot to use (the more, the higher capacity).
  • r!remove Post this in an active RoFilter channel, and it will remove the setup there.

RoFilter may receive continued development depending on the welcome and acceptance of it. I have tested it on a somewhat large server, and the tests were running smoothly!

Alternatives

Now, naturally, RoFilter and I don’t want to have a monopoly here, and that’s why @JoshRBX have made a decent alternative, called BetterCensoring, which you can invite here: https://censoring.xyz/
and read more about it here: https://top.gg/bot/678993339873493022

104 Likes

You asked whether you could… and not whether you should.

58 Likes

I am curious on how you achieved this? What web api?

3 Likes

How does this filter the messages? Does it have a random account sitting in a Roblox server that is used to call FilterStringAsync on? Is this even allowed under the Roblox TOS?
Also, a desktop notification would show up before the message gets deleted and replaced with the filtered version, so it’s not really possible to filter a discord server effectively.

6 Likes

Thanks @1TheNoobestNoob I’ll use it in my server, very cool!

4 Likes

I used an endpoint on https://develop.roblox.com/docs to filter

It uses multiple accounts to prevent downtime, and I have previously DMed DevRel a few months ago about this, but as they did not confirm/deny whether this was intentional or not, I decided for it to be allowed until said otherwise. I would not assume it would be prohibited to use, as it’s listed publicly on the API documentation.

If you have a notification on every message that pops up then I can’t really help with that! It deletes inappropriate messages and replaces them with the filtered version.

6 Likes

This might be the greatest thing out here on the Forums in 2020. The most loved thing on Earth-the Roblox chat filter-on Discord! Thank you for creating this. I hope many others come to use this.

4 Likes

Ah yes, the favorite and preferred choice by all users…

20 Likes

I highly recommend this bot over other popular alternatives, such as Dyno and Mee6. While the filter for those bots work, the filter from this bot is way better because it filters everything.

44 Likes

I’m sure everyone will love this!!! I will put it in the NSFW chat. But really this is pretty cool.

6 Likes

Why is this a thing? Even today it’s not that funny…

7 Likes

It’s only the greatest invention ever.

7 Likes

Not going to lie, the Roblox Filter isn’t something to be proud of so I’d personally find this bot useless. Nice concept and all, but it’s kinda useless, no offense.

14 Likes

Just used this on my SCPF Discord, they are flipping! Great for april fools joke.

5 Likes

I don’t say I’d use this mainly cause I dislike the filtering system Roblox uses but you are a hell of a dev to make this lmao.

10/10 Best discord Bot, everyone can agree with me, right?

6 Likes

I just love April…
(30chars)

On a side note, It will be interesting to see how my discord server reacts to this.

1 Like

I actually have a legitimate use case for this. Thank you! I can finally open a chatting channel that I don’t have to moderate 24/7

(I’m not kidding, I needed this, thank you!)

4 Likes

Dear @1TheNoobestNoob,

why ################

Yours truly,
Fly

5 Likes

I think that ##### ####### ######## ######## :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes