RoStats 》Stats For Developers (Roblox LinkedIn)

When I tried to link my portfolio this happened:

I was able to sign up successfully however.

EDIT: I was able to get this fixed, but can we have a way to submit games rather than files? My best game is closed-source so I don’t feel very comfortable sharing more than 1 script from it.

1 Like

As a skill reviewer myself I wouldn’t mind reviewing scripts that are not from ur game as long as u made them. For example, you can write a whole new script in a baseplate and I will review it.

1 Like

How did you fix this issue exactly, I’m having the same issue…

Txt files aren’t safe you have to upload images.

This sounds pretty interesting, I’ll be sure to try this when I can.

3 Likes

IK why this happened. Most server 500 errors are from the database, the database I am using only allows for 30 connections to be made to it at once, therefore you couldn’t link your portfolio as doing that requires a new connection to the database.

I will be getting a new database on Tuesday which will fix these issues!

1 Like

Then again, PNG files can contain hidden executables. You can just scan files with VirusTotal :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Customization

And why doesn’t the apply customization button not working?

looking at your profile I can see that you have applied the scripting theme successfully, I don’t understand what the problem is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah. Sorry I see what you mean. Also how can you level up?

when you think your skill has improved you can apply again, the criteria’s will become public soon, I just need to get them looking good in a html webpage :slight_smile:

1 Like

The interface of the site seems really neat and user-friendly. Only thing I’m concerned about is how broad and simple the scripting requirements are judging from your 3rd dev-log.

I think there should be around 5 - 7 bullet points per level to make the requirements less broad and more clear. One of the requirements for level 2 is “actively tries to comment their scripts” which isn’t mandatory at all. Too many comments can impact readability and doesn’t affect your code quality or showcase.

Like level 1, level 2 still covers the bare basics of Roblox Studio and code (remote events and functions) which is why I think that level 2 requirements should be included in level 1’s. A scripter can easily reach level 2 with only a week of experience unless that’s how you intended for the system to work.

The rankings doesn’t have any code efficiency or optimization requirements which is very important. How good the solution is for the job reflects the coder’s skill level / experience.

4 Likes

This criteria is no longer used, new one is to be released soon.

• Romqxn, Senior Skill Reviewer & Trial Moderator
    RoStats
1 Like

If anyone is is experiencing an error 500. We are aware of the issue, it should be fixed Tuesday or Wednesday.

1 Like

You can now donate to this project at RoStats - Stats For Developers. We at RoStats are not forcing anyone to donate, but if you want to we would be grateful for any donation! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d suggest swapping to https://tailwindcss.com
It’ll allow you to move over easily, and write great HTML & CSS!

Hello all! RoStats is currently down for scheduled maintenance in regards to a database change! Please join our communications server if you’re 13+ to receive updates.

Romqxn
Junior Moderator & Senior Skill Reviewer @ RoStats

1 Like

Website is down, also why are you using heroku for hosting?
Edit: just saw announcements saying there is an update.

I am using heroku as it is convenient and is one of the only hosting providers that supports python. I am using the hobby package which so far is working out well as only 25% of the resources available are used at once. :slight_smile:

1 Like