Safe, Free watermarks

Introduction

Despite this rather unconventional form of watermarks, these watermarks can protect your work very well. Their varying colors are designed (but not proven to) make it harder for software to “see thru” the image.

Images

!

How to use

1. Right click these images and click save file as, and name it whatever you want
  2. Open a photo editor such as Photoshop or Paint.net and open your gfx artwork
  3. Drag and drop this image onto your artwork and then crop or scale the image so it fits your artwork
  4. Export your artwork

When Applied

A Few Polls

Should I make more
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Rating

0 voters

A Side Note

If you are using these images frequently, I recommend that you keep it on your desktop

Credits
@landon90 - First Image
Disobeyedcrab04 - Second Image (not tagged because he said you didn’t need to credit him, he won’t get a notification this way)

12 Likes

Honestly, I don’t mean to seem rude, but they’re kind of obstructive. I get that you don’t want people to steal your GFX, but I can barely see what you’ve made! In my humble opinion, it would be better of scribbling with a brush and setting the transparency to a somewhat low number with also adding your name to it. But great concept!

22 Likes

I mean, what’s wrong with normal text watermarks?

6 Likes

This is a cool concept but you’re supposed to be able to SEE the gfx to actually admire it

Creativity 10/10
Actual use 2/10

edit: Turning down the opacity where it’s barely visible, this is useful. But from the given examples, not really overall 6/10 now

9 Likes

No offence, this comment is just for feedback. It’s just coloured squares copy and pasted in different colours. Most people put their names all over things for watermarks.

2 Likes

An interesting idea, however took much of the image obstructed to make it practical. Also, since there’s not indication that you made it, someone can easily claim it as their own.

I think you are all missing the point here. Transparency can be applied and your name can be overlaid. This allows you to show a client a preview of the commission before paying you to ensure a fair trade. The colored watermark makes it useless, but it can be transparent enough to get the quality and point across. Then they pay you, and you give them the non watermarked version. They don’t need to be pretty, they need to prevent art theft while you prove that you completed the commission.

4 Likes

I definitely like your creativity and unique way of pursuing this sort of topic, not something I can say for many people. But I personally would use a much simpler form, being the casual name/text watermark.

3 Likes

It’s just a unique idea that I came up with.

1 Like

Personally, I Just slap on “I STOLE THIS FROM RABBITHAWK256” as a watermark

7 Likes

With some intermediate skills and a photo editing software like Photoshop, you can easily remove simple, transparent watermarks. The watermarks this post provides makes it much harder(and probably impossible without it looking distorted) to remove them.

2 Likes

Yes, but the trade-off is that it’s hard to see the finished product.

2 Likes

You don’t need to show off the finished product, you need to prove that it exists.

1 Like

@Spagetti_07 It still shows about 50% of the image if the watermark was fully opaque.

Only showing 50% to the person who is expected to pay good money for it doesn’t sound great.

1 Like

I like the idea, but maybe there is a less obstructive method? I can barely see the GFX.

1 Like

Seems good, a bit obstructive!

*why watermark my work though

Thank you for explaining… I wasn’t sure why I wanted to use watermarks.

I think the OP has an awesome concept. This could be used several different ways, including bringing the opacity a bit… Cool!

With a couple of tools and the crazy new Content-Aware Fill, this will still be possible to remove on simpler graphics. When it becomes a very complex thumbnail, it becomes harder to cover up, but it still may be possible.

1 Like

You can see the watermark more than your work.
Maybe make it a little bit easier to see?

3 Likes