Save the Date: RDC 2020!

Invite me! I have a developing game!

Unfortunetly, I was not invited. Maybe next year?

4 Likes

Are there more waves of invites coming?

Im wondering that too. I think there will be no more invites.

3 Likes

With all the uncertainty behind RDC due to COVID-19, I have a feeling that the conference could be postponed. Again, this is not true, and is only my prediction but Roblox is monitoring this situation, to quote @coefficients (His big sunglasses though). In the meantime, I suggest you go to the CDC’s COVID-19 website (If you live in America) or the WHO’s website (if you live anywhere else) for advice and information, as well as updates on the situation. Stay healthy and safe, and be sure to wash your hands!

2 Likes

A conference being held in late July won’t be affected.

2 Likes

This is off-topic but how do you even get invited to RDC?

3 Likes

That’s not necessarily true because nobody knows exactly how long COVID-19 will linger for.

We can only assume that it’ll stay with us until the end of flu season since that’s basically what SARS and MERS went by.

1 Like

How will we know when applications are available?

3 Likes

They’ll let us know. It’s in the newest post about RDC

2 Likes

Actually I really appreciate about people being aware about the Covid-19 virus that it will affect our healths, but people kept posting in the DevForum that RDC 2020 will be cancelled though let’s just be clear, RDC 2020 will be postponed on its original planned date!

Also guys, let’s think positive, people who are invited for the RDC 2020, may learn something important there! It’s also for the good of development for Roblox! Also I just want to remind people to follow the announcement from government and health officials to keep ourselves healthy.

2 Likes

We don’t know if it will be postponed! There is so many rumors going around. RDC is not cancelled and it is not postponed as of right now. For people like myself who have already purchased plane tickets, Roblox will be announcing their decision in a timely fashion.

1 Like

its ok if someone didn’t got EU RDC but the covid-19 its still on EU we must beware on our health follow the safety for your health…

1 Like

Anyone on the devforum can go? I’m not so sure about that…

I really think you guys should postpone it. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) isn’t at its peak in the US, in fact, if will probably take a while till it gets to the peak. Many developers will not take the risk of being infected, and most developers would just stay home and watch it. If you postpone it, I’m sure more developers will go. You should really take this into consideration, as the virus is getting worse, and worse. You don’t want to be infected at the RDC, don’t you?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s great to be dismissive of invitations to an event that’s happening in a future that we cannot predict. There are a lot of given factors that could contribute to the cancellation of the event, but we are very far from any sort of cancellation or postponing announcement (the event is 4 months away lol). The potential “future effects” of C19 cannot be easily predicted because it’s relatively new, and it’s safe to say that we haven’t experienced a threat like this in modern-day society. I ask everyone to please be hopeful as if we are pessimistic about the virus affecting RDC, there is a chance that it might be postponed or cancelled.

If you truly have a love for development, it won’t hurt if you reserve your ticket for the event, partly because Roblox have already said they’ll cover refunds for hotel and event ticket purchases, but mostly because , if this whole virus thing blows over by July and RDC is ready to go, you’ll regret not being able to attend. The only thing you may have to worry about is your travel plan, and the refund policies for flights. This post does a better job explaining that than I do.

I know there are a lot of countries employing more strategies to combat the virus (the UK have officially locked down everything now). As long as you encourage your friends, family and community to stay safe, then hopefully this’ll all be over in no time.

9 Likes

I got my refund yesterday. Really surprised and happy by the fast and easy return of payment.

5 Likes

Please Please Please. RDC Europe 2021.

12 Likes