Save the Date: RDC 2020!

Definitely not saying Members shouldn’t be prioritized, I’m just saying some New Members should be considered too. It shouldn’t be limited to only Members. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

5 Likes

If the tickets aren’t sold out, new members can apply.

3 Likes

Ay, have fun guys.

And EU guys, let’s all cry in the corner.

For real, I’m sad that there’s no RDC EU…
Hopefully, next time?

8 Likes

I can’t wait! hoping to attend this year! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Woooo that futuristic logo is hypeeeeeee

2 Likes

Can’t wait!! Only a few weeks after my birthday!
:smiley:
Hope to see you all there!

4 Likes

I really appreciate the early release of the dates, however…

extremely sad that there is no RDC outside of the United States… really been looking forward to it and I would most certainly attend RDC US if it was legally possible…

As I live in a country where US only allows student (J1) visas and no others, I cannot enter the US in order to go to RDC, I must get a B(x) visa as I’d be attending a conference.

— Personal reasons aside…

Having an RDC outside of the US would allow for more developers to attend and participate, network and socialize. There is a pretty fair amount of developers who are willing to attend but cannot because of the location…

If at all possible I’d like to understand your (Roblox’s) point of view on this, and their reasoning for not holding one.

16 Likes

So we’re going from a 4.3 star hotel to a 4.4 star hotel.

Thanks, Kanye! :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Maybe in a few years they’ll be booking whole convention centers O_O !! Lovely- I can’t wait!

5 Likes

Last year was my first year and it was amazing. Meeting so many great friends that I met on the platform in real life is quite an adventure. I can’t wait to go back this year. :grin:

5 Likes

Cool, can’t wait to see all the new stuff unfold.

3 Likes

But the amount of reviews makes the difference.

5 Likes

Who thinks that there should be an RDC for the East Coast of North America?

• definitely
  • maybe
  • no (please explain why)

0 voters

5 Likes

I don’t think it’d be a good idea - if they have money for another event, it should be somewhere international like Germany to reach more developers :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

It would be very expensive for roblox to host multiple RDC or host one across the country, thousands of miles away from their HQ.

5 Likes

I believe it’s overkill to prioritize two RDCs in same continent when you’re also cutting out an entire continent elsewhere. I would say if they’re gonna have a second RDC place it in another continent so they can reach more developers.

11 Likes

When I say east coast I mean cities like New York, Toronto, Washington D.C, Miami, Orlando, etc.

Edit: Also how is Germany more “international” than the East Coast of North America?

2 Likes

There has been a ton of talk about why a RDC East Coast just doesn’t work.

The whole thing that makes RDC SF great is the location itself. Being so close to the Roblox HQ lends Roblox Staff the ability to come to the convention easily. RDC elsewhere just means the amount of Staff is cut down DRASTICALLY and that’s no fun. If you’re unable to feasibly make it to RDC 2020, don’t fret too hard. Just realize you’ll go to one, one day, likely, and it’ll be a great time.

8 Likes

It is quite disappointing to hear that there is yet again no RDC EU this year. Roblox has been expanding its player base and talking about globalization for years. Naturally, the next step would be to engage with more and more developers from around the world, but they’ve done the exact opposite.

12 Likes

Super happy to hear this !!! Can’t wait to meet new people and people I saw last year again :smiley:

12 Likes