"Save to Roblox" does not work after using "Save to File"

• Detailed description of bug;

The option to “Save to Roblox” does not work if you had just used “Save to File”, even if the version on Roblox’s servers is different than that of your actual place file.

• Screenshots and videos of the bug;

(My screen recorder did not pick up whatever hwnd/handle the Toolbar makes)

• Steps to reproduce the issue (be minimal, specific, consistent!);
  1. Press ‘Save to File’
  2. Press ‘Save to Roblox’
  3. Observe
5 Likes

Hey qa,
We have confirmed this bad behavior, and assigned an engineer to take care of it. Thanks for helping improve Roblox Studio!

5 Likes

@PoshKiwi Can you please let me know when this issue has been resolved? I have been developing a game for about a solid year and a half and I have been developing it on a file and have not been able to publish it to ROBLOX since.

Sincerely, @[redacted]

2 Likes

They literally posted a response 2 days ago and it’s Saturday now. You’ll want to wait a release or two (release happens middle of the week usually) before bumping this.

Hello ladies and germs! DevRel recently linked to this post, so I’m just letting everyone know that bug has not been squashed yet and still poises a minor inconvenience to developers.

1 Like

Idk if this is related to the problem posted here with publishing but it won’t let me make a bug report post so I’m commenting here, today I got on studio to work on one of my games and it keeps failing to publish, I’ve closed studio then re opened it and tried again multiple times but it keeps failing. Another weird thing is I’ll load up one of my other places in studio that just a baseplate and it saves just fine. But when I go back to my game it still continues to fail every time when publishing.
fail to save

3 Likes

Hello, during a triage of older Studio bugs today, this one was found not reproducible. Are you still seeing this issue? Thanks!