SCPF || Area - 14 Update Notes

Update Teaser

The upcoming update touches everyone (except you Paul), including MTF!

— Administrator_Mr

Update Teaser

Soon™.

Update Teaser

Soon™.

Update Teaser

ezgif-6-b390dbd63e83

Update Teaser

:eyes:

Update Teaser

Hostiles will have their ranks shown on their player tags rather than just “Hostile”. The rank shown is for the current raiding group of interest. All of this live, next patch. :wink:

Update Teaser

:thinking: :eyes:

Service Announcement - Progress on Next Update

So yeah. As people have noticed, we do have E&TS now. It’s a real department and it’s dropping along with the next major patch (or in a separate window). Functionality’s my turf and its administration (overseer & high command) are up to the O5 Council. So a far-ahead-of-time congratulations to its first Level 4.

ETA on the next patch is early-mid June. I don’t typically like release dates but I recognise we’ve kept you all waiting for some time and we’re fairly close to finishing up, all of us.

Update Teaser

Not in the nearest update, but it’s coming…

Update Teaser

Update Teaser

KnifeLEAAAAAAK

— Spearritt

Update Teaser

(Teaser comment omitted.)

Service Announcement - Progress on Next Update

Depending on how developer tasks are currently progressing, the next update may have to have its release rescheduled to a later date. Should this be the case, we’ll try and ship what’s done and then push the remaining content of the update over subsequent patches. Thanks for your patience and support, see you soon.

Update Teaser

New TSC table layout. Everyone who has TSC access should take note of these tables, since this is a very noticeable change and may require differences in how you do things (dropping through the skylight, patrol posts, so on). Interaction-based seats are coming soon which should hopefully rid of a lot of issues with seats.

Service Announcement - Pre-Release Commentary

Edit: All references to “today” refer to the time when the update was released, June 20th, 2020.

Hey guys. Thanks for waiting! 3.40.0 is now online. It is currently a candidate version so you can definitely expect to find issues waiting around. Some may be old, others new. I have a bit of a long tangent: this comes first, then the changelog, then putting Area-14 back up.

Originally the next update was intended to be just a couple of small fixes, but we just kept adding and eventually spurred into a large update session. Although it may not seem like much, I personally believe we did the best we could with what we have and I’m proud of the developers for helping us to reach this point.

This update may be the biggest one I’ve done in quite a while, not including when I first got promoted to Technical Site Director and updated every day for a week or more. That being said, today’s actually an interesting day to release the update because it marks the beginning of my 5th month as SCPF’s head developer.

My hope following this update is to direct MaD focuses towards optimising the game and fixing bugs before we look at any new content for Area 14. These bug fixes just keep getting pushed back so it’s time we get them done for good and allow you to continue to enjoy the game without problems.

Two more things to follow this update. First, I’ll be revisiting the MaD communication letter. It’ll aim to discuss what’s going on in MaD and where we’re going. Naturally, that includes what’s going on with either the BCZ or V4. Second, I will be going on low activity mode (not inactivity like Quinn) due to finalising my Accelerator application. I have my fingers crossed, as this is my one and only chance and it’ll be very competitive. I’m really hoping to further my development career at Roblox and this is a great opportunity.

Again, thanks all for the support, see you soon.

NOTE: SCP-939 was queued for this update, but due to issues it’ll be delayed to a later patch, presumably 3.40.1.

Version 3.40.0

Additions

• SCP-939 (currently experiencing issues, delayed to 3.40.1).

• SCP-106 readded, hopefully working better than before.

• Cross test and special functions added to SCPs, test to find out what they are!

• New chambers for the following SCPs: 173, 266, 310 and 606.

• SCP-1162 now has more items to grab, including Sigma-9’s old MG36.

• Completely new and redesigned TSC canteen, pending actual food.

• Knives that can be stolen from the canteen, cooldown of 30 minutes.

• Microtransaction shop within the TSC canteen behind the wall.

• Wholly redesigned MTF spawn with quarters for all task forces and easter eggs.

• More decor and items within the personnel cafeteria.

• E&TS wing has now been added, featuring 2-3 large workrooms.

• New library across the AD spawn, use information will be released soon.

• MaD spawn now populated with epic gear.

• Firing range now included for SD and MTF spawns.

• Added splintercell234 and ReaIys to the Site Director wall.

• Bulkhead readded, stay safe from Class Ds going down to the medbay.

• Completely redesigned and resounded radio.

• Clipboards now have a purpose: write down notes. And yes they save.

• Medium Command of combative departments may now create private servers with the server terminal command.

• G36C added for Sigma-9, around par with the AK-12.

• Functional armour prototype, boosts the user’s health by a certain margin.

• Working gear utilities: activate flashlight, NVG and pull down visors.

• Gas masks: currently cannot be equipped, but they do exist.

• Class A personnel may now wear their own clothing.

• Completely new uniforms available for personnel and command staff.

Improvements & Changes

• SCP-914 can no longer kill players on touch from the Fine setting.

• Site Director wall now has white names so they’re more readable.

• Overall improved performance and rendering times (still going for more).

• SD Cadets may now open the TSC during lockdowns.

• New team colours matching an internal colour scheme guide.

• Attachments should now be on almost every gun that previously did not have them.

• MK11 buffed again (higher damage ceiling).

• Shields can no longer be equipped with primary weapons.

• Anti-exploit sensitivity is now lower to avoid higher rate of false positives.

• Confusable usernames are now banned (players with usernames only using the letters I and L will be automatically kicked from the server).

• Players in the menu should no longer die during Lethal Gas Protocol.

• Hostiles will now have their ranks displayed on their name tags instead of only “Hostile”.

• Credits updated. They’re in alphabetical order and contain new names.

Fixes

• Bug fixes and improvements on all SCPs, from the LCZ to the HCZ. Specifically: 005, 018, 034, 038, 106, 173, 310, 403, 409, 457, 606, 714, 1074, 1208 and 1230.

• Vials fix attempt six.

• Fixed music muting. Press comma to toggle music and ambience.

Removals

• Removed the BCZ and SCP-008’s chamber.

• Medkits removed from Trial Nurses.

• MP5 removed as a weapon option for Sigma-9.

June 21st, 2020 Update

Improvements & Changes

• Class D can now access SCP-005 when a riot is active (yes, all CD, not just TOC).

• Class D can now access SCP-1162 with a stolen access card.

• Character Clothes permissions refined, should not be selectable by non-Class A personnel anymore.

• Changed Quinn’s name/title to be the same as Itamar’s for the duration of his inactivity (O5-2 is free).

Fixes

• SCP-266 doors fixed.

Removals

• SCP-106 disabled again for crash/stress testing.

• Removed Wolvanite’s NOOB name.

Version 3.40.1

Additions

• Added interaction-based seats.

• Introducing allies: SD can’t shoot MTF with team kill off and vice versa.

Improvements & Changes

• Empty area in the Control Room is now also a Lethal Gas Protocol saferoom.

• Extension of A1 clearance to SEOC entrance, Breach Shelter control room and facility entrance control room.

• Improvements and fixes to canteen knives (?).

• MD window cover speed increased (0.75 → 3).

• Class D can open SCP-005 during riots and if there are at least 8 combatives online.

• Class D can open SCP-1162 if there are at least 10 combatives online.

• Updated SCP-1162 to become more powerful the more combatives log on.

• SCP-005 can now only be picked up if there are at least 8 combatives in the server.

• Number-only usernames should no longer trigger the anti-confusables filter.

June 23rd, 2020 Update

Improvements & Changes

• 005 no longer opens spawn doors (but this time SD wont be imprisoned in their spawn).

• 005 can no longer open WIP Locked doors.

• MD Bulkhead is now faster.

June 30th, 2020 Update

Improvements & Changes

• MD terminals are no longer blocked by the window shutter.

• MD Bulkhead is now only accessible by Nurses and above.