Server checks for :PromptPurchase() method

A new feature released yesterday allowing for limiteds to be place exclusive and it is currently impossible (or requires unknown work arounds) to stop an exploiter from initiating a purchase prompt client-side - bypassing any kind of checks a developer may put in place for their rewards earned through play.

Please create a method that only allows prompts to be opened if a badge is owned, or other kind of server-side check has been done, or enable developers to use the old system that Roblox used in their events to link accessories to badge unlocks.

14 Likes

Please, I’ve been waiting for this feature so we can game lock accessories… but now exploiters are just able to prompt purchases without doing the event where as normal players are required to.

3 Likes

Currently PromptPurchase always sends a request from the client afaik (in-fact the web api allows you tell it a game-id to assume you are playing, previously this was used for comissions yet is now being used for gaining access to Limited accessories like this)

If I were to guess, I would assume this feature was not made to award players accessories but rather a way to ensure that UGC creators receive the full comission amount on sales, not necessarily for UGC events. If this actually is the implementation for UGC events, it’s a very poor implementation.

3 Likes

I need this. Would solve so many issues.

Looks like this is being added on the 29th of June.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.