Show off your "The Future Is Bright" creations

Hm, in my recent build I used white neon for my lights and I did notice a bigger glow but I thought that was due to the new light engine I was using… But the colour wasn’t any bright for white…

More stuff that went from cool to awesome :smiley:

This was a build before meshparts were released(so yes these were all textured unions o.o)

26 Likes

Battlefront II!!

4 Likes

W

O

W

:open_mouth:

17 Likes

pretty gorgeous :smiley:

Some lighting effects I added to an Ancient Temple build I did earlier this year
RobloxScreenShot20170726_153143856

3 Likes

ROBLOX is starting to resemble Unreal engine a lot more.

3 Likes

an other magnificent case of shadow maps :smiley:

https://twitter.com/hozanh_/status/894008551810768896

All the new lighting is AMAZING on showcases!
They look so real!

1 Like

Yeah of course this new lighting is op, but I felkl like I can’t control it anymore.
OutdoorAmbient and Ambient are the only color3 values that works, and they do the same thing.
I need more control over the lighting’s colors like the actual lighting.

22 Likes

i already mentioned and showed that problem in detail on my YT channel and here.

I’m not on the computer I took the screenshots in, so here’s some twitter links containing screenshots of my work with the new lighting system:

3 Likes

The stunning impact of shadowmaps makes me slowly question if some things are really made in Roblox or not :

8 Likes

Roblox is evolving…

23 Likes

Neat work. All modeled yourself? I still hate how roblox does this to edges

1 Like

I can’t event use cascaded with my GPU so if roblox chooses one or the other I hope it Shadow Maps cause I don’t lose quite the frames on it.

2 Likes

Regardless of which method ROBLOX chooses, the final result will be performant enough to run on low-end hardware. They’re looking for feedback on which looks better, rather than which performs better.

1 Like

well if ppl would just watch my Youtube videos then NO body would even ever click again on GPU cascaded.

Even if Roblox somehow fixes most of its issues ; the time spent on fixing it somehow would be a total waste since shadow maps got nearly no problems except of the currently missing skylight factor .

So if someone cares take some time to watch at least one of those videos here : …iam not promoting my channel i only want to get sure that ppl are aware of the huge and in my cases extreme difference :

Not that i dont appreciate the time that was spent on developing the Voxel GPU system ; but the Demo just clearly shows that the Gpu cascaded voxel grid shouldnt be the future of roblox. … not to mention the -30 fps difference.

1 Like

First time I’ve seen these, where do you play with them at? gametest? I ask because there’s like 50 testing domains. @Profbeetle were you influenced by Doom 3 while making this lighting system, because a lot of these screenshots remind me of Doom 3.

1 Like