Simple DeathBan/PermaDeath System Using BanAPI

Hello! I’ve created a simple script for a DeathBan system or a PermaDeath system using the new BanAPI, maybe useful for some realistic roleplay games or some sort of Death Punishment for games.

It’s really basic, so go ahead and change the code or do whatever!
I’m still learning uses for the BanAPI so it’s not much.

SimpleDeathBan/SimplePermaDeath

Feel free to give feedback and tips for using the BanAPI, I’d appreciate it. :>

Here’s a test game so you can test it out!
TESTGAME: Simple DeathBan System (BanAPI)

Thanks to Ilucere’s reply for making me remember where I got the original idea from! I knew I was inspired by something, but forgot what.

Attack on Titan lore perma-death events

11 Likes

That’s cool, but wouldn’t that just ban all your revenue as well? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Cool, however, it’d probably be better for both your revenue and your playerbase if it transitioned you into a spectator like camera of your dead character :laughing: or just a spectator view.

6 Likes

Not to be rude, but how is this useful, like at all?.

What kind of game bans you for dying, also people are just going to make alts if they really wanna play your game anyways.

But its not like anyone is gonna play a game where you get banned.

6 Likes

i know, its just a test script honestly.
Im just trying to find ways to use BanAPI in weird/unique ways lol

6 Likes

Oh okay, understandable, have a good day.

8 Likes

I made a spectator on death before, it was buggy though. I’m not too good at scripting.
Some games (mostly aot fan projects) use similar death systems like this for events, I took a bit of inspiration off that.

2 Likes

Yeah revenue is important, I’m using this for testing right now, I’m not sure if there’s any use to it.
There may be use for it in events in different games in the same universe just need to turn ApplyToUniverse to false, I doubt it would be actually used though.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there’s no unique use of banning. It’s for admin panels, and cheating detection.

2 Likes

very cool and also very cool i like it

1 Like

I know, I’m just creating these scripts out of pure boredom. lol

1 Like

most of these ppl are haters. permadeath is amazing.

3 Likes

Well, thank you. There’s not much use for permadeath that much though, it may affect player counts, but it also can be used in unique ways maybe in a event/separate universe game where you only have one chance to try, ApplyToUniverse needs to be false for that lol, it’s a bit complicated to think of way’s to use it, there’s not much. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

yea it’s a little complicated because of how the ban feature works. in most permadeath games, you can have different save files and those just get deleted when you die. or you’re allowed to spectate it. think of hardcore minecraft.

with the ban feature, you can’t really do this as it prevents you from even connecting to a server.

it’s a neat resource though. you could easily make a sword fight game on a baseplate and call it “permadeath sword fight” for a fun community project.

2 Likes

You could make a Minecraft Hardcore inspired/other game concepts with a server lobby, maybe players can make server or you could make a pseudo-studio environment for people to make their own games. Then, if you die in THAT game or server, you’re banned from it forever. But you can still play the overall experience.

1 Like

DMCA’s say otherwise… Probably shouldn’t do Minecraft games.

1 Like

I meant inspired. As in, the user has their own server that only they and their friends can access and play on and they can build structures. Doesn’t have to be Minecraft.

1 Like

That could be interesting, but I’m not gonna try that, I don’t have the time for that right now. lol

2 Likes

Of course. Just putting out idea that could be “unique” because apparently “nothing about banning is unique”

2 Likes

This is a neat resource.

A lot of people in this comment thread don’t seem aware that there is a very real audience of permanent death players on ROBLOX. Specifically in community genre based games. They aren’t large scale by any means, but they are very active for a genre standard.

I’m sure people could use this one way or another in order to mitigate to those niche player bases.

1 Like