Smart GUI+ plugin

Smart GUI+ Is a plugin that grants you the ability to make ui’s automatically be scaled apon creation of them. It also has another feature that resets the selected ui’s size to it’s default. It’s useful for when you change a objects parent.

Please report any bugs in the comments and any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks, MrOpScripter!

Edit: Changed name.

https://www.roblox.com/library/5979967605/Smart-GUI

Also I updated it so bugs are fixed and a feature is added, I’ll document it shortly.

8 Likes

Why should I use this over Autoscale Lite? What are the differences and quirks of this plugin?

3 Likes

Glad you asked! My plugin automatically converts them to scale, with Zac’s plugin you have to manually convert it using the unit conversion tool.

Edit: Plus, mine has a reset sizes function that is extremely useful for scaled ui. For example if I were to create a frame and then put something like a shop for example inside of that frame the size would change alot as scale works with parent’s size and not screens. The reset sizes button resets the size of the frame selected to it’s original size. (That might sound confusing, please let me know if it does…)

3 Likes

It is a little confusing. And from what it seems you are saying, is that you click the button and it is just scaled? What I like about AutoScale Lite is that we can chose how it is scaled.

1 Like

No, it’s not. If you enable it then any gui you make will be automatically scaled apon creation of the new ui. I could add a feature that converts existing ui’s to scale if you would like.

1 Like

Oh. That’s actually really cool! Definitely adding this! Thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem. Thanks for downloading it.

1 Like

Your welcome! I actually haven’t yet. It’s about dinner time for me. I definitely will tomorrow though.

1 Like

You could just get AutoScale Plus or Nightly for a bit of Robux to do this, as well as many other features, in a single plugin. Why should I use this over a paid plugin I’ve already purchased?

Just a note but you are also stealing the name

1 Like

The Autoscale Paid version has this feature but yours is for free, that’s a bonus.

1 Like

You’re going to have to change the name of this plugin or else you might get in trouble. Even though the name is pretty straight forward and tells you exactly what it does, there’s already plugins out there that use the same name. :+1:

1 Like

Is there any video or demo on how this plugin works?

2 Likes

If you were to duplicate a frame and set it as the child of the original frame the size and position values would automatically get set to {0,0}, and the only way to fix this would be to use your Reset Size feature, which makes it very impractical.

There is also no indicator as to if the auto-convert option is on/off, the default indicator resets itself when a GUIObject is selected/unselected.

I still do not see a reason to use this over any plugin by ZacBytes, though in the future I hope that it improves to a point where it can compete with Autoscale Lite/Plus/Nightly or Canary One.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know those existed when I made this plugin. If you’ve already bought it then just use them! As you said they do have more features.

I didn’t know AutoScale plus existed when I made this plugin, only autoscale lite. I will absolutely be changing the name as soon as I think of a better one.

I’ll be fixing that bug today, and the only reason you should use it over autoscale plus/nightly is because my plugin is free. Autoscale lite does not automatically convert ui to scale, you have to manually set it using the plugin. I was going to add an indicator I just couldn’t find a image that clearly displayed on and off that fits into the small roblox plugin image size.

Thanks for your feedback! And yes, I will be adding more feature in the future so it can compete with all the other ui plugins!

If anyone has any ideas of features I could add to this plugin please post them in the dev forum linked below.

This plugin literally doesn’t have any documentation and when I try to use it to autoscale, it does nothing.

When you enable autoscale whenever you make a new gui it will be converted to scale.

It doesn’t work at all, please explain more. When I create a new Frame and add a TextButton inside it it just does it’s normal stuff.