Social Links - Discord/Twitter

They cannot be messaged as they have DMs off on the group.

Would Roblox Support be able to help?

Can’t message that group since it’d message Developer Relations as a whole. Developer Engagement is for communication with developers.

Right, but you see I already quoted this in my post. Not every rule will be explicitly written down in the Community Rules so just seeing it there is not justification enough to prove that it’s actually allowed or not. Additionally what you’ve linked is a developer’s words, not those from a staff member.

“Respect Policy APIs” to me speaks like yes, you do need to use PolicyService to respect a player’s policies and therefore access to features. This includes using Robux to open loot crates and any other descriptors laid out there. It does not change the ban on Discord though. Discord was blanket banned a while ago and said ban has not been lifted. There’s no staff comment to go off of.

Just because it’s there doesn’t mean the blanket ban was lifted. I need an official comment please.

Roblox has no department for ‘questions’ so they may not be able to help.

They have to write all the rules down there or else the rule doesn’t legally exist.

They do not need to go out and say this publicly, they can silently allow this overnight.

Read this topic:

It goes over how Discord links are allowed now…

There is a category for ‘Chat and Age Settings’, so I could maybe ask them about using scripts to only show it to certain players and if that’s allowed?

That is probably for changing your personal age settings. They probably know nothing about this policy.

You may be confusing this with the Terms of Service which is a separate and legally binding document regarding your use of the Roblox platform.

Community Rules are expectations Roblox sets out for its community and do not need to be exhaustive nor are they legal documents. It does not need to be written down to be ruled against; common sense exists. You will notice provisions explaining that a list of examples is not exhaustive, such as what is defined as inappropriateness on the platform. The same thing goes for the forum, albeit the fact that they’ve started writing some things down to make it explicitly clarified because of the “if its not written its not disallowed” mindset and also to make it public rather than implied.

As far as commenting on the situation goes, it’s not like I’m asking to see an announcement or otherwise but someone who may have asked the question and gotten a staff response may have had that response circulated around that’s quotable. That’s what I want to see, not hearsay.

When it comes to handling the rules on Roblox, taking something at face value is incredibly dangerous or following the examples of other experiences. It may just be something simple like a Discord link right now but this kind of mentality applied to other rules could result in serious consequences if the action isn’t actually allowed. Additionally, I’m not about to have an experience taken down and lose on metrics because of a single word, which is why I need concrete information from staff and not the basis of other developers’ words. It’s not substantial enough a comment on the circumstances.

In a text label inside studio, could I say join the community server, link under the description and then say on the Discord link: join the community server? It wouldn’t be saying the word Discord, but it would be pointing you in that direction. You think this is allowed?

you signify your agreement to these Terms and the following, all of which are incorporated by reference and shall be included within the definition of Terms: (a) the Developer Exchange (" DevEx ") Terms of Use, (b) the Roblox Community Rules, and (c) Roblox Name And Logo - Community Usage Guidelines.

This makes it more of a legal contract since the community rules is included in ToS.

However, they clarify every other piece in the community rules.

However younger players won’t see anything and may get confused.

1 Like

I have to go now, but I’ll look at all the new messages tomorrow, cya! Also, thanks everyone for replying. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m… not sure that’s an accurate interpretation of that. I would have to speak to an actual lawyer or law practitioner about that, so it’s fine no need to worry about that. This seems like unnecessary pedantry, so let’s get away from focusing on a word. It takes away from the rest of what I’m saying. My point is that it does not need to be written down for it to be ruled against. Context matters heavily to moderation.

Really I don’t think it’d be that much effort to provide a statement or just say you don’t have one. I’m looking for an actual, substantial, official commentary that Discord is no longer blanket banned. Discord is whitelisted as a link for the Social Media tab and respect Policy APIs is primarily for global compliance purposes (which is also why PolicyService exists). It says nothing about the rules about Discord or links in general being changed.

I’m not so sure you’re giving accurate answers.

1 Like

If you’re not showing any bit of an invite link or any possible way for someone under the age of 13 to access it, you’ll be fine even without policyservice. For the longest time I’ve just said “Join our community server in the description” and it’s been completely fine. You don’t even need the discord logo for the code button, it could be something you made yourself.

This is incorrect, any mention of Discord to under 13s is banned.

It’s completely fine to mention Discord as long as you are not giving away invites from the game itself, sort of like a bypass like “join this .gg/invite” in the description or in-game.

Apologies, but I think you missed this part

And this part.

As long as you never mention discord or show any form of invite link, they cannot do anything to you. I’ve had numerous people in a game with these methods, and nothing has been done to me, because I’m not breaking any rules. There’s literally no mention to discord lol.

Actually, in some countries the Discord age limit is higher meaning you’ll have to use PolicyService.

I said your not allowed to even say ‘Discord’ in a game.

A little bit confused on why you even pointed that out when I already stated it, but be my guest. I’m sure I caught that part if I’ve been doing this safely for so long :slight_smile:

This just relates back to what I said here, I don’t see any valid argument here tbh so I won’t continue.

Just replace 13 with the age of your choice.