"Sort By" Filters in the Library are Missing

I’m having the same issue, hopefully it’ll be fixed or there’s some way to fix it since I often use the sort by options when finding models.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 181459

4 Likes

It seems to have been removed site-wide, even in Studio. It’s a very strange change, to say the least.

7 Likes

Yea, very odd. Apparently this “can be fixed” by typing something like, &SortType=RecentlyUpdated (or whatever filter) at the end of the site URL, which works for me. However, this MIGHT be on purpose to fix model botting, (if you were to go to recently updated on the models section, its nothing but models being spammed by bots, etc) so we’ve probably just got a permanent change.

9 Likes

If you ask me it’s gone for good like many other features Roblox has removed. I can recall using this myself for finding both decent and annoying audios as for models, decals, and just about everything else. Roblox might have killed trolling communities, but they also might’ve killed the creative ones.

For now, R.I.P. library.

8 Likes

I really hope that isn’t the case. Sure they weren’t the best filters, but they were better than nothing. Removing them only makes searching the library harder than it already is.

7 Likes

I don’t know if this is an intentional change…if it is, it is a terrible step back to actually finding things. Their website wiki still suggest you can sort by recent/most favorited etc.

I also have noticed when I search for mesh’s for example, any key word I put in i’m getting only 10 or so results, when in the past there were PAGES AND PAGES for those same key words. I’m not convinced I’m seeing everything when searching, and I confirmed no filters are on.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue, I hope it returns.

1 Like

I wasn’t happy when I found out that this feature I usually use was removed. This feature is useful for me and since it’s gone, it’s much harder to find good-quality models, audios, images, etc

hopefully, this feature comes back…

5 Likes

This was the only way to find what you need and search doesn’t even show relevant results. I just hope this is just them trying to revampt the whole thing as it is much needed or just an accidental bug.

3 Likes

I hope this wasn’t an intentional change

2 Likes

Do you know all the filter names? I already forgot them :frowning:

Edit, I figured out the ones I wanted:
&SortType=Relevance
&SortType=RecentlyUpdated
and &SortType=Bestselling

14 Likes

I find it worrying how ROBLOX removes these features without having large community support. These features again remove visibility of models. It’s the same with removing the sort by category on the games page. I still hope it will return at some point, otherwise these games remain clouded in obscurity.

5 Likes

Doggonit. Just noticed this after needing to specifically find stuff in toolbox. Very frustrating! They literally just swapped out things like relevance and updated to just searching for specific peoples creations…
Instead of adding on and giving options its another case of taking away and making a more negative than positive change.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this was indeed intentional.

It seems counterintuitive to remove these filters rather than improve them.

10 Likes

Wow…

That isn’t worth a “security fix” in my eyes… :confused:
Bruuuh. They closed the topic, welp, I still think my input is true, and this should be reverted. It’s even harder to find sounds then before :confused: x2

7 Likes

I really hope they roll back these changes to sorting in the Library. It just makes things more inconvenient for people, rather than “secure.”

7 Likes

I forgot to say that, without this useful feature, this prevents me from finding good models easily like furniture, things that might help me, etc, removing this feature doesn’t improve securely but makes things inconvenient and annoying, this makes me upset because I couldn’t able to make my map detailed without this very useful feature I love

Hopefully, they add this back because this feature is very useful for finding good audios and good models :slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

Really hinders my ability to use the library in an effective way. Any updates on it being potentially added back?

7 Likes

Closing this topic as this behavior is intended.

2 Likes