Chat with Voice Developer Beta

That still sounds out of the scope, voice chat and voice recording are both very different in both privacy and server requirements.

So… is there simply no API for this feature? I don’t see anything regarding position or volume in the VoiceChatService and almost never use the built in character system. And since I’m not illegible, I can’t test this in any way.

1 Like

Mic support is mic support? Would like to see a way to add filters to the in-game voice chat that would have cool effects like for example a radio effect

Filters could be added, but I mean recording is out of the scope. Voice chat is simply routing data around, voice recording requires saving it to a file and all that entails. If they did add voice recordings, it would still likely either cost robux, or be very limited.

After looking closer at the documentation, I’m still confused. It’s weird that we can’t manually set where a player’s voice source is. Or is it controlled by the listener? Either ways, this feature is weird.

1 Like

Once Spatial Voice Chat has been fully released, will the owner/editors of an experience be required to verify their identify in order to hear Spatial Voice in Roblox Studio?

If so, does this mean that Developers who do not verify their identity will be limited to enabling/disabling the feature and modifying its functionality without being able to test it themselves to determine if it’s been configured correctly for their experiences?

It’s pretty funny timing for this topic to be released because I posted this question about Voice Chat on the Roblox Community Space topic just yesterday!

6 Likes

Will this gradually become uncapped overtime?

5 Likes

I suppose that would be nice, but it would also bypass the whole ID/phone number verification.

Thats Cool :+1: I would like to try voice chat but I do not have access but I will use it when it is already available

Thank you, I have created a masterpiece of a baseplate (game is currently broken since roblox is still working on the feature)

1 Like

Yes, I too was wondering as to whether I may be able to use my school ID to verify my identity, seeing as I have no government-issued ID or driver’s license at this time.

4 Likes

I’m excited to start implementing this into my game. Roblox pushing forward to the future. And by far the best voice chat I have seen for a game.

Does this work with expired passports? I’m still looking for it, although I know it’s expired.

What in the actual hell? I have to show a 3rd party side my ID for ROBLOX VOICE CHAT?

2 Likes

Is the VoiceChatService intended for developers to use?
If so, is it actually stable and will we be getting documentation in the future?

Class VoiceChatService : Instance [NotCreatable] [Service]
	Property Enum.VoiceChatState VoiceChatService.VoiceChatState [ReadOnly]
	Function string VoiceChatService:GetAndClearCallFailureMessage()
	Function Tuple VoiceChatService:GetAudioProcessingSettings()
	Function string VoiceChatService:GetGroupId() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Function Tuple VoiceChatService:GetMicDevices()
	Function Array VoiceChatService:GetParticipants()
	Function Tuple VoiceChatService:GetSpeakerDevices()
	Function int VoiceChatService:GetVoiceChatApiVersion()
	Function int VoiceChatService:GetVoiceChatAvailable()
	Function bool VoiceChatService:IsContextVoiceEnabled() {RobloxScriptSecurity}
	Function bool VoiceChatService:IsPublishPaused()
	Function bool VoiceChatService:IsSubscribePaused(int64 userId)
	Function bool VoiceChatService:JoinByGroupId(string groupId, bool isMicMuted = false)
	Function bool VoiceChatService:JoinByGroupIdToken(string groupId, bool isMicMuted = false)
	Function void VoiceChatService:Leave()
	Function bool VoiceChatService:PublishPause(bool paused)
	Function void VoiceChatService:SetMicDevice(string micDeviceName, string micDeviceGuid)
	Function void VoiceChatService:SetSpeakerDevice(string speakerDeviceName, string speakerDeviceGuid)
	Function bool VoiceChatService:SubscribePause(int64 userId, bool paused)
	Function bool VoiceChatService:SubscribePauseAll(bool paused)
	Event VoiceChatService.ParticipantsStateChanged(Array participantsLeft, Array participantsJoined, Array updatedStates)
	Event VoiceChatService.PlayerMicActivitySignalChange(Dictionary activityInfo)
	Event VoiceChatService.StateChanged(Enum.VoiceChatState old, Enum.VoiceChatState new)
7 Likes

Bit confused about the ID part, I don’t have a drivers license (and I’m too lazy to get a city ID and I forget where I put my passport), will student ID be accepted as a form of identification? Or will it be just limited to government issued ID?

5 Likes

Please tone down the language. Unfortunately, yes, you will have to confirm your identity via a third-party website.

3 Likes

Also, is it possible to apply sound effects to people’s voices? I noticed that we have some new objects like VoiceSource and Speaker which appear to be voice-chat related, but it’s not very clear where/how they are used yet.

8 Likes

I’m getting this warning when my game has exactly 30 max players. 30 is less than or equal to 30.
What gives???

I do believe it is illegal in some states/countries