Chat with Voice Developer Beta

I’m beyond excited, there is so much going through my head for the future, I’m imagining literal built in studio features for player mic filters, and games based around communication with the game or another player.

Something I’m also excited to see is how it’s gonna impact games, showcases by themselves are cool to visit, but then you kind of chat slowly and maybe leave, voice chat being added I presume will have players stick around longer in most games in general, and one of those games being showcase games, so I’m expecting a noticeable increase in premium payouts for people.

1 Like

While voice chat is a okay idea on it’s own, I have to say the age verification system is a bit over the top in my opinion.

8 Likes

great feature! cant wait to use it

1 Like

Yes but I know that. Why would they share it, but why would you want to give them your idendity for speaking with others with your VOICE??? I just dont get it why you all would instantly want to give them your identity it makes no sense, without thinking that its so exaggerated for such an feature

2 Likes

I think they shouldnt use bots at all. The bots could accept a fake id. When it comes to stuff like this bots shouldnt handle it.

1 Like

No, the age verification is not a little exaggerated - it is very exaggerated!

Why do everyone write that you think this is a very good idea without thinking a little bit that this is so unnecessary and here in Germany, where I live, YOU HAVE NO IDENTIFICATION OR SIMILAR AT 13 YEARS! Roblox has even deleted the longest posts from me that contained criticism, because of the “Irrelevant Posts” reason!

People wake up, it just can’t be anymore!

Since I don’t use a VPN, they know in which city I live and my internet provider, through metadata still certain other things and then my date of birth as I entered it.

I just have the right to protect my identity and not to be manipulated in such a thing! You can also like my review instead of liking the opposite! And please don’t just give Roblox your identity just because of a harmless voice chat! As you get older, you will definitely start to think about your identity!

I hope you finally got it! And if Roblox should delete my post, just leave it and terminate my account!

7 Likes

While nothing is stopping someone from having a bot, the big thing going for Roblox’s voice chat is the fact that it’s spatial. You can tell where the voices are coming from relative to you instead of them being directly in your ears no matter the distance or direction, making social interactions way more immersive. You just can’t replicate that with a Discord bot.

4 Likes

What happens if someone swears in spacial voice chat? Will it beep or is the 13+ age requirement a way to make sure kids won’t here swear words

4 Likes

Ok roblox, Im going to be honest here. I dont trust you at all with the information. And honestly, it feals like your trying to force us to verify. We’ll need to id verify to use the new talent hub, and your removing #collaboration. so i have 2 options now. Give you my personal information or lose my ability to have a portfolio or find developers. i dont like this at all roblox. for once listen to the community, We’ve been telling you we dont like this since you first announced it. this platform would be 10 times better if youd actualy take feedback. im losing faith in this platform, im almost at the point of switching to new platform. im tired of putting up with your BS.

4 Likes

Well I can’t see the verify age button below my birthday, is it because it’s slowly being rolled out like display names were?
I live in Canada, is it not rolled out here yet?

2 Likes

Let me repeat one more time and explain, in the blog they say they don’t compi the information, that means after you scan your ID and a selfie that info is deleted nowhere to be seen.

Next, why Roblox would get in a very giant legal in problem rhat can get them broke.

That was an example dude. Im just saying why do you wan to give someone your ID card for this harmless feature. And think about answering too, you dont have to copy and paste!

1 Like

I don’t mind giving Roblox my identification, I want to access voice chat and I don’t mind in doing so. If you don’t feel comfortable giving them ID, then don’t-- and don’t complain about it. Roblox can change these restrictions at any time, nothing is set in stone. First it was assumed that only 18+ would have access, but now they’re allowing anyone that is over 13. Roblox is experimenting with a very intricate system which requires a lot of governance to ensure the rollout is as safe & smooth as possible. It’s simply not ready to be released on a major scale without precautions such as ID verification, and whether or not this will ever be changed solely depends on how this rollout of voice chat will go.

4 Likes

18 plus it’s Hard to Moderated The bad words I know Why Is Changed The age To 13+.

2 Likes

Yeah, that also gets me curious. My logic is, is that a school ID will still count as a government-issued ID considering the fact if your school is state (funded by the government). Not sure about private schools however.

I understand if none of this makes sense to you but that is at my understanding since no article even answers this question.

2 Likes

Recently I and many others experienced a bug where the proximity isn’t behaving as it should, and here is an example of what I mean. It happens in every game I join and it’s a consistent bug. In all the games I’ve played they all have the same issue.
Back when I first experienced VC I would hear people towards the right and left of my character when I wasn’t facing then. NOW I have to face someone to hear them.

1 Like

Did you even read the blog post?

We want you to know that we take our community’s safety and privacy seriously, and Roblox does not store raw ID document nor the selfie data .

ID verificiation operated my our third party provider

i think the feature is very nice it will change the platform positively

It’s understandable that they need to verify our identity in order to use the talent hub. Some jobs are offering thousands of dollars per month so it gives them more security. It’s the same thing as employers asking for your identification irl. We have to give our personal information when we apply for devex anyways so I don’t know why age verification is such an issue.

1 Like

Completely agree. Services like Discord don’t require you to send in ID to use their service so why do we? I will not be sending my ID to Roblox just to use voice chat that nobody else will be either because if this.

6 Likes