Chat with Voice Developer Beta

For those that live outside the US. It seems as if the age verification is tailored towards the US, I would recommend trying to contact their support as they may or may not still accept IDs from other countries but have not been able to integrate it yet.

1 Like

Here is a list of documents accepted by Veriff by country.

Bruh? That seems like a big lie. I have taken multiple pictures of my passport and all of them were denied.
Welp, I guess I’ll just have to keep trying till it works.

1 Like

Turns out it actually works! I just had to take a picture of my passport from unnaturally far away.

1 Like

Nevermind actually! It made me wait on the verification page with the spinning things for like 5 minutes and then told me something was wrong. I tried doing the process again and now it doesnt accept my passport under any condition. Very cool

1 Like

Way ahead of you
I heard at RDC that they initially started to work on it a bit, but it quickly got back-burner’d by more important things. not sure where it stands as of now sadly :confused:

2 Likes

Overall, lots of people have their own opinions and arguments on whether the Spatial Voice Chat should exist and if Roblox made the right system for it.

Some people think the Spatial Voice Chat is good, and some people think its bad.
Some people think that it would be good if they didn’t require a Age Restriction.

So, I feel like I should create poll to attempt to settle this. Vote:

Did Roblox made a good move by adding Spatial Voice Chat to the platform?
  • Yes. Spatial Voice Chat is perfect idea.
  • No. It should be removed.
  • Spatial Voice Chat would be better without Age Verification
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

I scanned my passport and took a selfie, yet it’s stuck at the “Verifying you” stage. The first time I did it, it stayed that way for 3 hours and a half. This is my second time doing it and it has been stuck at the same stage for an hour, my passport and everything is accepted. Not sure what the problem is or if the time interval is supposed to be that way?

Update :: Nevermind, repeated it once again and it finally verified. Only problem now is, I don’t have the Spatial Voice option even though I’m in the Beta Program.

2 Likes

No. It should’ve been much faster. Mine took 30 seconds.

1 Like

Yay, new API! When can we expect more documentation that will let developers do more with the voice chat feature?

2 Likes

I found a workaround on how to change the positioning of the mic icon. Apparently it uses the same system as Roblox’s new bubble chat, so here’s the script I used that allowed me to make it be above the custom gui and the background of it is also transparent. You must not be using bubble chat in your game for this to work.

pcall(function() 
    game:GetService("Chat"):SetBubbleChatSettings(
        {Transparency = 1, VerticalStudsOffset = 1.5}
    ) 
end)
4 Likes

Yes. It looks like my poll is working!

If you haven’t voted look at my reply above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same issue here, no idea how to fix it.

2 Likes

How? How did you follow the process specifically?

1 Like

I did exactly what the instructions told me to do. Nothing different.

You must’ve done something wrong on your end. Maybe you didn’t have the right lighting or something.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who isn’t being verified? I tried yesterday and did the whole process and it told me I was done and could close the tab, a day later I don’t have the option and theres nothing telling me it’s pending or anything like that, so I tried again today, and it still doesn’t work?

1 Like

Is it possible to have a way to detect if a user is speaking and if so, how loud they are talking?

I think if we can have this feature it can allow games that can be controlled entirely based on your voice.

(Such as a game where a monster chases you and can hear you speak.)

2 Likes

voice chat is by far one of the best roblox updates

some of my experiences with it:

1. mini concert it was a blast. didn’t last long though since voice chat kept on breaking
  2. had a group conversation about random topics
3 Likes

Anyone been able to use a Birth Certificate as a form of verification? I have no other available forms as ID Cards are just barely out of my reach, and Passports cost $190 or so, and I’m not going anywhere for a while.

2 Likes

What will moderation consist of for users with spatial voice enabled? Will Roblox attempt to stop people swearing and using slurs in game, and if so how will it be censored?

2 Likes