Sponsoring is currently extremely worthless

I got extremely lucky with my game release and somehow Flamingo found it and made a video on it…
I guess this is the best alternative to sponsoring right now.

9 Likes

I do hope this changes in some way cause this is ridiculous… Just released my new game and wanted to test sponsoring ads to help gain players. All I got was 0-6 players for the last few days with almost 2 million impressions :confused:

4 Likes

I’ll post some of my stats here, while I posted earlier in this thread that there is an idea out there that Roblox can add an entire page for game advertising, that is not reality. You got to make it through this time somehow. You got to experiment and learn who your audience is and play to that strength. I know most of my game’s revenue comes from PC users, so I don’t bother advertising for any other platform at the moment. That right there keeps my impressions locked in to only PC. Next, I think young boys want to see a ton of action, and the data so far proves this. Is that to say my game is male only? Of course not. In advertising you want to stretch your buck as economically efficient as possible. I would not advise advertising a sponsored game for every single possible demographic you can advertise for all at once. Get some valuable data from different trial runs and stick to the best.

7 Likes

This sounds like the right choice than select every box and see what happens, cause I’m so use to it showing for everyone but now we have options to not do that. Going to test this out to see what the right audience would play my game.

Thanks for the advice!

4 Likes

Now just imagine if Roblox actually showed sponsors on the first few sorts. You’d probably have a 1-3% CTR :rofl:

It’s cool to know that targeting works, but it would work FAR better if Roblox fixed the problems with sponsors not appearing in the first few sorts.

4 Likes

Yeah, the inconsistency seems like a total oversight error.

The current sponsored ads and how they work:

Most Engaging (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Recommended for You (limited sort, different games for everyone) No sponsored ads
Up and Coming (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Popular (liquid sort, age filtering displays games semi differently, meritocracy) Sponsored ads
Top Rated (limited sort, one size fits all) *One of the largest gamepage blunders of 2020 that Roblox has not fixed top rated since the summer. Sponsored ads
Play Together (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Learn and Explore (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Featured (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Popular Among Premium (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Rthro (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Top Earning (liquid sort, meritocracy) Sponsored ads
Players Love (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Roleplay (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Adventure (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Fighting (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Obby (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Tycoon (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Simulator (limited sort, one size fits all) No sponsored ads
Popular World Wide (liquid sort, meritocracy) Sponsored ads

Sponsored ads show up on 4/19 game sorts

After checking this out, this is absolutely abysmal that it has gotten this bad.

Not only are most game sorts limited, and one size fits all, but they also bar out new games being sponsored by not allowing sponsored ads to show up.

22 Likes

Demand overflow, when too many users use an advertising method, its limited to how many users can see it.
Too many people use sponsored ads, so the amount of ad space is decreasing.

1 Like

I think sponsors will have worth only when sponsored for a very large sum of robux making it visible on front pages.

1 Like

Can we please knock it off with the lame conspiracy theories about company politics. One of Roblox’s core drivers is respecting the community.

If you don’t have additional use cases or issues to report related to this topic – don’t post. I’m sure they’re tracking the feedback on this topic and will respond when they can. (it’s only a month old)

12 Likes

This is taking far longer than I expected…

Luckily, my most recent game somehow got on a lot of players’ recommended sort and I am doing fairly well. However, that’s not guaranteed for my next games and I have no idea how I will get my game out there for touch devices if sponsors are this bad.

Do note that I am still a fairly small developer so I can’t always afford to have a huge budget allocated to advertisements. I hope this is fixed soon :frowning:

5 Likes

There really need to be a fix, reversion of the system or at least an official announcement about this. One of my games is completely reliant on sponsors, and earned a solid profit after sponsoring a small amount every day, but since I no longer am able to do that it has simply died. Advertising is not longer really any beneficial either, as most people as far as I know are now using it instead of sponsors. That does not leave me with a whole lot of other options to get an influx of players. The fact that systems that I rely on to earn a living suddenly can plummet like this and not get fixed in over a month really scares me. At the current moment, I don’t even know if this is intentional or not (the games only appearing in select categories, not the Untitled Game bug).

16 Likes

Anyone know if this has been fixed yet? I’d like to launch my game with sponsored in a couple days with this feature.

3 Likes

I recommend waiting for an announcement or a reply from Roblox staff. I tested this myself a few days ago, I noticed quite a drop as well.

3 Likes

They used to let sponsors on the front page but now you only see them if you click the View All on a category. Though you would then have to scroll down far enough to find some.

2 Likes

Though I’m not a Roblox admin, I can say that sponsors are somewhat back onto the front page.

I’ve been seeing them generally on all game categories except for the Recommended For you category, I’d assume now that sponsors have returned to their former click rates.

5 Likes

Yooooo you’re right!!! Roblox added sponsors to the Most engaging sort (which is #1 for me!!)

6 Likes

Looks like sponsors are appearing in all of the sorts aside from the “Recommended for you” sort now (which seems expected)

18 Likes

Anybody sponsored a game yet? Would like to see how this turns out.

1 Like

Sure, here are my tests.

I tested each category then took the best performing one and tested it with the next category.
The results are kinda confusing. I have a very high Cost Per Click (CPC) but a low Cost Per Play (CPP).
As I ran more tests, the CPP only got higher

As I ran more sponsors, my Cost Per Play went up to where it wouldnt be profitable for me to run sponsors. This could be due to a few factors like how they were ran over the week-end and many people were running sponsors because they were recently fixed. I’d love to see if anyone else is experience behavior like this.

2 Likes

What was the number of plays for those sponsored ads?