Sponsorship is bugged: "Your experience is currently not eligible for advertising."

Getting the same problem, it is VERY ANNOYING that Roblox doesn’t have a specific error message, just a blanket “your game is not eligible” message. I BELIEVE in my case it’s because the game is just a few days old, but I genuinely don’t understand why there is 0 transparency here when it’s something so innocent.

Roblox, fix your error - Give us some specifics, for crying out loud. Lord.

2 Likes

Still no success unfortunately…

2 Likes

I also have this problem! I released my game like two weeks ago and I still can’t sponsor it… I think that it has something to do with group games. It’s most certainly a bug

2 Likes

Is this affecting traditional banner ads for your game as well? Or just sponsorships?

2 Likes

Just sponsorships. user ads work fine

1 Like

Same, also just sponsorships. I only use user ads atm

1 Like

Somebody said they were waiting for 18 days and no luck, so i don’t think waiting is a good soulutiion

1 Like

Yeah I have a game that was created on 8/10/21. It still has the issue. The issue isn’t just the date created, its the amount of updates over the course of several months. Because I have another game made in the same date, but I’ve updated it a lot so that one shows up for me.

2 Likes

THat’s definetly confusing. I hope somebody figures something out.

2 Likes

I’ve heard sponsorships are known to help more then user ads, this seems like it’s affecting getting your game out there, so I hope it gets fixed, soon.

2 Likes

Game 1:

Game 2:

Notice how both games were created on the same day. However, I can only see the second game in friend activity, recently played, favorited. I can only sponsor the second game.

This is most likely due to the number of updates to the place over the course of the months.

I don’t know who thought of this system but its harmful for developers who work on a separate place file and publish to the main place all at once when they’re done. That main place would be hidden and cannot be sponsored.

Maybe it’s because you have no thumbnail GFX? I would try putting one on and see what happens.

They both don’t have one. It’s not the thumbnail.

1 Like

That’s extremely strange. This could be the reason to why Recently Played Game Not Showing Up, the same thing could be happening to the game you played, which is not only harmful to the developers income but makes players not come back more often. This definetly needs a re-work.

2 Likes

Somebody tried changing the thumbnail in one, still didn’t work.

Games now take up to 5 days to be quality checked according to the error I’m receiving now. It’s best for you to just wait and see.

In the worst case, if the problem doesn’t get fixed, move your game to another place. I don’t suggest this though, unless you really want to publish your game and sponsor it.

Here’s what I see for refrence:

Yeah looks like they updated the error, I’m seeing the same message now.

Problem is, my game Dragon Blade has been out for 2 weeks so the “up to five days” is bunk.

My game is also suffering from this issue, which seems to be at least partially related?

1 Like

I now get this error aswell, but my game was also published 8 day sago or so… I also can’t make a new place because bought already bought developer products and stuff. Why does no staff member reply to this? Roblox Support doesn’t even help so what can we even do about this

Roblox Support just responded but unsurprisingly it’s useless:

"To be eligible for a Sponsored sort feature, the experience must adhere to our safety standards and community guidelines and cannot be newly created. If your experience has just been created, please try using the Sponsored sort feature in the next 7-10 days to see if your experience is eligible.

If after that time you are still unable to purchase a space in the Sponsored sort, you may need to wait longer and need to ensure that the experience adheres to the safety standards and community guidelines which can be found here."

1. I have waited more than 10 days.
  2. The experience adheres to all guidelines.

They say I “may need to wait longer” but give no time frame. Weeks? Months??

All we can do is wait and hope. Roblox does this all the time, being to vague, being unhelpful, not actually caring about the issue that was reported. It’s pathetic and disappointing. They rely on games like Adopt me to make money and because of that they are not willing to encourage new games that might not succeed. It’s funny how they aren’t letting developers SPEND MONEY on sponsoring. It’s just pathetic. Fingers crossed they fix this issue or it resolved by itself.

2 Likes