Sponsorship is bugged: "Your experience is currently not eligible for advertising."

That’s extremely strange. This could be the reason to why Recently Played Game Not Showing Up, the same thing could be happening to the game you played, which is not only harmful to the developers income but makes players not come back more often. This definetly needs a re-work.

2 Likes

Somebody tried changing the thumbnail in one, still didn’t work.

Games now take up to 5 days to be quality checked according to the error I’m receiving now. It’s best for you to just wait and see.

In the worst case, if the problem doesn’t get fixed, move your game to another place. I don’t suggest this though, unless you really want to publish your game and sponsor it.

Here’s what I see for refrence:

Yeah looks like they updated the error, I’m seeing the same message now.

Problem is, my game Dragon Blade has been out for 2 weeks so the “up to five days” is bunk.

My game is also suffering from this issue, which seems to be at least partially related?

1 Like

I now get this error aswell, but my game was also published 8 day sago or so… I also can’t make a new place because bought already bought developer products and stuff. Why does no staff member reply to this? Roblox Support doesn’t even help so what can we even do about this

Roblox Support just responded but unsurprisingly it’s useless:

"To be eligible for a Sponsored sort feature, the experience must adhere to our safety standards and community guidelines and cannot be newly created. If your experience has just been created, please try using the Sponsored sort feature in the next 7-10 days to see if your experience is eligible.

If after that time you are still unable to purchase a space in the Sponsored sort, you may need to wait longer and need to ensure that the experience adheres to the safety standards and community guidelines which can be found here."

1. I have waited more than 10 days.
  2. The experience adheres to all guidelines.

They say I “may need to wait longer” but give no time frame. Weeks? Months??

All we can do is wait and hope. Roblox does this all the time, being to vague, being unhelpful, not actually caring about the issue that was reported. It’s pathetic and disappointing. They rely on games like Adopt me to make money and because of that they are not willing to encourage new games that might not succeed. It’s funny how they aren’t letting developers SPEND MONEY on sponsoring. It’s just pathetic. Fingers crossed they fix this issue or it resolved by itself.

2 Likes

My game is 12 days old, and I still can’t sponsor it, that doesn’t seem to be the issue.

1 Like

have been waiting for a year and dmed support and they still couldnt help me

I don’t understand. 5 days from what point? Many of these games have been out for a lot longer than 5 days.

1 Like

This issue has been reported multiple times, there is no public documentation on the sponsorship requirements either meaning that this is unsolvable by a non-employee.

Roblox, can we please get some form of criteria explanation in order to prevent this from happening? Or is this just a massive bug?

Funny because my game is almost 13 days old.

1 Like

I had to transfer a new game into an older unused one JUST to make this work.

Who knows what negative effects a year-old 0 played place being sponsored will have. I’m sure Roblox’s algorithms will end up seeing the place literally was dead for an entire year and not give me favorable results VS the actual game, which I made quite quickly and planned to immediately monetize.

Maybe that’s paranoia. but if I was roblox’s sponsor system i’d probably prefer the “fresh” title that is no longer able to be used. F

Same here, I had to use my 4 month old development place and make that the public place to get around this. Some of the users that already made a lot of progress are pissed.

This makes no sense then. What’s the point of this feature if you can easily bypass it by going and placing your project in an older game?

It makes no sense and I’d like to see a staff member of Roblox to explain soon.

1 Like

They are currently working on resolving the issue actually

My game is almost 2 years old and I got the same warning when I tried sponsoring my game

1 Like

Have you always had this issue or haven’t you tried this before?

I agree it makes Zero sense.

Also, it’s letting us use the website advertising banner/skyscraper… so again… what’s the point exactly? Any spammy game they’d be trying to block with this “feature” could just advertise that way. :man_shrugging:

Hopefully that means it’s a real bug that will be fixed, then - I was assuming it was just a crappy new game filter that roblox would likely stubbornly keep, but if it’s doing this to old games it’s likely just a bug.

Sponsor ads can’t get a break can they? First we had the adpocalypse where sponsor as would eat up hundreds of thousands of robux for barely any players, and now we can barely use it at all lmao

3 Likes