SteamVR forcefully opening when playing a game (Regression to how Roblox integrates with SteamVR)

SteamVR handles anything VR, Roblox being one of them as Roblox does support VR

Losing my goddamn mind over this issue. The cables at the back of my PC are extremely inconvenient to access and the breakaway connector for my VR cable is not meant to be frequently unplugged, it will eventually break if I have to keep unplugging it just to use the Roblox client.

7 Likes

For the sake of your VR headset, I recommend you follow this quick fix: this reply! (index only, oculus I’m not sure how to)
It works wonders for me, but it just takes some time to get used to.

1 Like

This is very annoying. Would love to see this fixed soon.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

Coming back with great news! The issue is fixed now and ready to be deployed in the next update, which will be in a couple of days!

Thank you for your patience!

36 Likes

I’m not sure if this was before the update came out, but the client kept making the Oculus app pop up until I killed ovrservicelnch.exe. I’ll look out for it if it was just before this update.

1 Like

This is great, but now a separate issue has arisen from this: I can’t launch Roblox in VR anymore. The option for VR mode in the settings has disappeared. Attempting to launch a Roblox game with SteamVR running will simply won’t show the game in the HMD and VR mode is never turned on.

1 Like

Awesome, I was doing some quick testing and it does appear that ROBLOX no longer forces SteamVR to open! However, I can no longer enter Roblox VR mode. Launching either SteamVR or ROBLOX first, the option to enable VR mode is no longer visible. SteamVR does recognize ROBLOX has a valid VR application, as attempting to exit SteamVR tells you it will close RobloxPlayerBeta.exe. I don’t really use VR mode often so it’s not a bother-some, but worth to let this be known.

1 Like

Having a somewhat similar issue with the Oculus app opening, then trying to set roblox into VR mode. Upon pressing escape, GUI’s break and i am unable to navigate out of roblox without alt+f4’ing.

tfw members cant post bug reports

1 Like

Closing this thread as the issue should be fixed now!

For other bugs, please file a bug report, so we can look into! Thanks!

1 Like