Game Link: War Tycoon - Roblox

System Information:

• Intel Core i9 12900K
  • 64Gb DDR5 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti
  • 500Gb Sata SSD
  • High speed 1gig internet connection via Ethernet

Expected Behavior

Objects should stream back in normally as they have before.

Actual Behavior

Users randomly report that parts are out of place or meshes get deformed.
Parts also appear to be in the wrong CFrame sometimes when they get streamed back in.

Here are some example pictures, all of these are from different users.

I did debugging and could not replicate this issue, it seems to be pretty rare but it does happen.
I also double checked and all the buildings on the map are anchored so it is not from that.

We are not aware of any exploits in our game that can cause this, I don’t think it is an exploit because this issue only happens locally on the client and not for everyone in the server.

I am not 100% sure that this is from streaming enabled but thats what I think is causing the issue based off of the reports we received.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-18 00:11:00 (-08:00)

6 Likes

Can confirm, occurring with my game Greenville.

Multiple reports on it and examples below.

1 Like

Can confirm this is happening in my game Streamlined too. Frequency seems to be relatively high, with a couple hundred plays a day we get multiple reports every day, severely impacting the visual side of gameplay in some cases.

Side note; we do not use streamingenabled so this seems to be a general issue?

Couple of examples included below.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll investigate.

1 Like

For other reports that see it, can you please add the platform where this is seen? That would help narrow down the issue. The original report is clearly Windows & D3D11, but it would be good to know the platforms for the other cases.

We’ve disabled a new feature that we think may be responsible. If people still get reports of this happening that would be good to know (then it is not related to the feature). If people stop getting reports of these issues happening that would be good to know too (then it IS related to the feature)

Thanks! I will send a reply here if we get more reports, so far we haven’t received any the past few hours.

Issue appears to have been fixed, haven’t had any reports in the past days

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.