Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now

Do we have a date on when we can expect this to rollout? It is very hard to plan features that require this new topbar when we have no clue when it will release because the white billboard for voice chat is experience ruining for games and cannot release features with this.

7 Likes

I second this. It has been several MONTHS and we are anticipating the release with new top bar design, and it is STILL not out, or compatible. In fact, it is so badly aligned it clips half way through the chat.

This is a problem.

@JuiceBoxYoda

I also hate how there is no way we can create custom binds that are togglable via the core ui (i.e. create an api function that can read when the leaderboard, or chat buttons are open, to then prompt a custom window) instead of disabling the core buttons all together and making your own button.

3 Likes

I have no space for ANYTHING at the top of mobile device screens. That’s quite sad, considering the fact before it was easier to fit customized buttons + windows in the top area of a screen.

(The fact the UI is slid down is my own fault)

1 Like

I HIGHLY prefer this UI. Simpler, more in the style of ROBLOX, and overally smaller.
I feel ROBLOX is trying to “revamp” the UI to include new controls (Voice & Video) which are features investors are mostly pushing forward. This new UI was (from the BEGINNING) a quickly drafted one that was release in a rush.

Because of the backlash of us all, they’re kinda delaying this because, at some point if we aren’t ok, they also need to consider this. Not saying it’ll make a huge change, just saying it prompts a certain delay.

1 Like

No that’s what I thought :
Each button has a size of 44px

Positioning them according to GuiService.TopbarInset.Height doesn’t align them properly.

Did Roblox just remove MRU? Is this a bug?

732828df513d9b2cb9f653b6813eed26

1 Like

PLEASE CANCEL THIS
the current topbar is better designed and more functional

4 Likes

Hmm, now you can manually pin options from the More Menu to the unibar. This replaces MRU.

b95ab775c27ab36edb278a59f94bdb59

Report is also included here, for some reason. It always starts out pinned. As far as I know there is still no way to remove the Report option, but you can unpin it.

The Self View window’s close button also now uses a “collapse” icon instead of an ‘X’ icon. This is confusing and honestly feels like a bug; to me, it implies that the button shrinks the size of the window instead of closing it.

How many changes are they going to make?

5 Likes

This is really cool that we’re getting this, wonder if we will be able to unpin the chat button? (Not like I would do it)

this takes up more horizontal and vertical room than the previous one, and you have to click more times to access things, unless you have it extended at all times

the rightmost button was removed but the leaderboard is just… hovering below where it used to be, which looks weird

why is the health bar 1. on the left now 2. still as thin as ever and 3. subsumed into the buttons capsule thing when open(?!)

backpack and speedometer are still unchanged and trapped in 2015 but that’s about what i expected

overall i’m very confused about this new menu, it doesn’t really improve on the old menu and instead tries to fix problems that didn’t actually exist before

3 Likes

I would like to request moving the health bar back to the right before you actually roll the new UI out in game. It is incredibly painful to test in studio because of this.

Please stop making development harder and more tedious, as well as making user experience worse. I do not want to make a custom health bar when the built in one USED TO WORK perfectly fine.

3 Likes

hey, i have an idea for what they could use the weird empty void above the leaderboard for: a health bar that’s visible to the human eye and isn’t 4 pixels tall

1 Like

Following up on this, I think I’d prefer having the Report button be a separate button at the end of the unibar like it was before, instead of being included in the More Menu.

Now we can’t hide the More Menu at all because of Report. Before you could disable everything in there to remove the More Menu button.

For experiences that want to increase immersion by disabling as much of Roblox’s UI as possible, it becomes harder to do that when the user is now suddenly able to interact with the More Menu, obstructing the viewport on the Y-axis.

The previous Report button made the unibar feel “complete”. I almost feel like that’s the main reason it was added in the first place. Because now it just feels like something’s missing.

And having a single option in the More Menu with nothing else in the unibar makes even less sense than how it worked before:

Or, y’know, just give us the option to remove this useless Report button entirely, so that we can completely get rid of the unibar and just have the Roblox button with nothing else.

2 Likes

This mistake of an interface made its way onto one of my devices. Please revert this change.

1 Like

yeah I still find it ridiculous that the report button is an “important” action. Probably 95% of the time I’m not even going to report anyone and I don’t think anyone has a problem with going into the menu and doing it. Simply a waste of space and removing that option will let us hide that part of the UI. I also think that the first test of the topbar looked the best for mobile especially; now the icon is worse and the space in the topbar is not evenly distributed at all.

Only benefit of this change is it unpatched the ability to delete the coregui

3 Likes

Before:

After

2 Likes

I found this new UI change in a regular game, not in studio. It was inconvenient, I was unable to shift lock because of this new Topbar! As it somehow set my movement to click to move! And pressing esc does nothing but extend some options of the topbar. In order to access the player board & settings & report, I must press esc, click 9 dots button, click report button extended from the 9 dots button that take me to the report page, then switch to the panel I need. By the way, the report button by itself doesn’t work, the working report button only show after you click the 9 dots button. Addtionally, when I try to close the roblox window, the topbar don’t show anything like the old one used to. I must double click the close button to close the window! In other words, if I use the roblox app, I have no choice but to reopen it everytime I leave the game. Finally, somehow it made me unable to screen capture, in the capture panel it’s literally locked, grey, unusable. Ultimately, whenever I switch between panels, the panel just get blur and won’t return to its normal state until a delay of about a second.

I sincerely ask you to revert the topbar change, because the new topbar is preventing players from enjoying games normally, I’d rather to have those extra features be added to the original topbar.

2 Likes

It seems like the “hamburger” icon has changed again. It was replaced with a 3 dots button as shown below. I think it is less confusing than the old image, suggests more the idea of a sliding menu when you click it although I don’t think it fits perfectly with the rest of the icons since this one is smaller.

The new pin option is a great improvement! However, I found a bug: if you pin an icon, it will automatically be set back to default when you leave an experience. So for example, if you pin the leaderboard only, and then rejoin the experience, the report button will be pinned back and not the leaderboard. It would be nice if the preferences were saved.

Since this new pin setting appeared, it looks like a bug did show up too: the menu has an issue when trying to open it.

2 Likes

This seems to have been rolled out to all platforms. I am disappointed.

1 Like