Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

i sort of had this bug, not really related to double monitors but i did have moments where i couldnt move the window but my fix was to just change my screen resolution. Not sure if it fix your issue but its a worth a shot

1 Like

So my second monitor is still having docking issues.
Tried using your new Reset View, no change.
Tried deleting the Registry, no change.
Tried uninstalling & installing Studio, no change.

After doing the above steps I opened a place, only moved the camera, and closed Studio down, then reopened the same place without saving. I did it twice and the following screenshots are how my second monitor Explorer, Properties, and Output windows move EACH TIME I open and close down studio.
Original setup after deleting registry, reinstalling, resetting:

2nd opening:

3rd opening:

2 identical basic Acer 22" monitors
Windows 10 Home, version 21H2
AMD FX™-770K Quad Core Processor 3.50 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I also posted this bug here but go no answer from any Roblox Staff… Studio windows on 2nd screen saving in different position off edge of screen

1 Like

It’s concerning how one major update that has been released several months at this point is still having bugs and issues.

2 Likes

In addition, everyone who got the beta to this too early has had to reset their studio registry key.

This is expected, but the new update is not nearly as stable and is not what it’s worth.

I’ve found a bug with the layout settings. The ribbon bar’s visibility no longer saves, and studio constantly opens like this:

I would prefer the ribbon bar to be open. Luckily, deleting the registry key associated with Studio works for me. To prevent all layouts from resetting, keep studio open while you delete the key and then close it. This will prevent your layout from resetting while the ribbon bar’s visibility and other settings will reset.

2 Likes

Another bug:

If you try to playtest sometimes, an overlay will just completely cover the entire screen or just the play testing screen. It’s really annoying now to playtest because I have to retry like 6 times for it work.

2 Likes

Hi @2jammers! Please see this update (and fix) on docking issues:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update on this! I’m glad this is fixed.

1 Like

It looks like even after resetting my view, multi-monitor windows are still broken:

Still though, I am glad you guys are working on these issues.

1 Like

Hey guys! This is a really awesome update if it WOULD WORK! Every Time I open studio and press test my docking layout completely EXPLODES
for THREE MONTHS I have had to CONSTANTLY Close and open studio but you WONT FIX IT
How about we fix the application instead of making new features that dont work
Timscics
LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??

3 Likes

Is this running the latest version of Studio (should be version 0.560… File > About Roblox Studio)?

1 Like

Yessir Paul. Because we are forced to download the newest version of studio every time we open it. Because if we weren’t, I would be using the one that works.

1 Like

As of the latest Studio update, the viewport bug I always encountered when opening files seems to be resolved! Unfortunately thanks to some sick and twisted form of irony: my viewport now completely breaks and Studio as a whole is unusable until I completely restart the program and re-open my file after finishing any form of play testing - 100% of the time.

We’ve been forced to use this feature for months. I’ve had other engineers/staff reach out to myself and others only to turn around and say that your ENTIRE TEAM “can’t reproduce this issue on [their] machines” and therefore can’t assist us any further.

How is that even possible? How sandboxed are the employee’s machines that not a single one of them can reproduce this issue?

This is without question the biggest failure on the Studio Team’s behalf in the platform’s history and it blows my mind that this wasn’t immediately reverted, nor has it been getting the attention it deserves. Could you imagine if Unity or Unreal Engine forcefully disrupted the workflow of AAA game studios due to a bug they forced on their users? There would likely be actual law suits involved!

I seriously hope there is a major overhaul in the works for this feature ASAP; because as of the most recent update: Roblox’s awful release practices have now officially begun interfering with my ability do my real-world job for a real-world company which - again in a twist of irony - works with Roblox to produce sponsored event content.

The team there can can do better than this. You’ve shown us before.

3 Likes

I’m not sure where you got the impression that we were not willing to assist you any further. If you’re getting this 100% of the time when hitting Test, then I’m certain @ElephantMesh will want to take a look at it.

This has been the full time focus of multiple engineers for several weeks. This particular docking issue at its peak affected less than 1% of our active creators (with today’s fixes it’s rapidly coming down from that) and only a few of those have been available to help us reproduce/troubleshoot.

The very few times we were able to reproduce have been resolved with our most recent fixes. I understand that can be hard to believe and really frustrating when you’re personally seeing it consistently. It’s frustrating all around —we were hopeful to declare victory on this particular issue today.

It’s difficult to briefly explain why reverting/rolling back was not an option. All I can say is that it would have meant disabling multiple key pieces of functionality that would have hindered and upset a majority of our active creators. It just wasn’t an option.

Your criticisms on quality and stability are valid. This was not our finest moment and we are taking the many lessons learned on this one to heart.

3 Likes

This update is very cool, but the UI needs to be modernized, similar than website or creator dashboard, Example: Rounded Tabs with Gotham Font. I saw this UI is outdated.

1 Like

There are lots of exciting visual and functional improvements planned! We are prioritizing stability in the short term.

4 Likes

Just spitballing here, but why not just allow users to use slightly older versions of studio so you DON’T have to roll back the update and inconvenience users that the problem isn’t occurring for?

If anything like this happens again, that is.

1 Like

Having people running on different versions would only complicate troubleshooting, support, and our ability to know if we’re actually pushing effective fixes out.

4 Likes

You don’t NEED to support older versions, just make the AVAILABLE so people can use them if the newest version is broken.

1 Like

This is already possible via Roblox Mod Manager, but studio will automatically update when you close it.

1 Like

That sounds really efficient and easy :smile:
It’s honestly hilarious you people come up with anything you can to defend Roblox when they have no excuse

2 Likes