Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

i went ahead and reported this, i traced it to using studio at large window sizes on high DPI screens:

2 Likes

I’m also having a similar crash issues. After I was dragging a pin context menu and it disappeared, I deleted the registry key “Key_Current_User/Software/Roblox/RobloxStudio” which updated to the latest build. Now every time I solo play test, it crashes. However, I have my properties and explorer menu back.

1 Like

Will there ever be support for docking sequence widgets within other widgets? I’m not able to dock ParticleEmitter sequence UIs within other widgets anymore.

I’m not sure what happened, but I’m missing my property widget :exclamation:

How do I fix this, I’m not seeing anything on how to fix this.
I’ve restarted my studio and it’s still missing.

Does it still appear as a button in the view tab?

If so then you probably need to reset your layout settings (as studio has likely saved a bugged position for the properties widget) This can be achieved by uninstalling and reinstalling studio (possibly easiest?) or a few other methods mentioned by others.

Yeah, no… I shouldn’t have to reinstall Studio. Let’s be honest, it’s going to happen again right after I reinstall studio.

I’m not even sure how I caused this, the last thing I remember before it triggered was me moving the layout on-top of the Explorer widget.

I found what is triggering it!!!

If you try to drag the widget on the pin icon, it completely voids all widgets “parented” to it, including the widget you tried dragging!

2 Likes

Yeah this update is really buggy to be rolled out. I had something similar and I resized the explorer widget and the properties tab reappeared, but that just seemed random. Idk how this is an acceptable state to ship a feature to ALL users

Possibly found the issue… If you drag the window when it’s pinned on the pin icon, it will hide the window.

Update: EVERYTHING is reappearing after I restart studio… EXCEPT my property window… Something else must have happened to my property window, might have found 2 different bugs that void windows

I have an issue even if Im on the beta
My custom icon directory is missing? I searched it but I didn’t find it.
Does anyone ever have this issue?

1 Like

Once this refresh has rolled out for me, I cannot see the 3D viewport of the world anymore. This is a hindrance to most of my development time and I am sure that this is correlated to the new studio design change.

3 Likes

My new Studio (this morning) looks extremely neat:

• I have the new docking guide navigation which is a huge boost <3, I hate old docking, it sucked! Also I can pin Toolbox and others for easier navigation
  • The old icons of Explorer still there
  • They probably HD (high-definition) some of the text & icons in Studio

Overally, I am extremely, extremely satisfied with this update to Studio :smiley: . Please Roblox Team don’t change the icons → blue, keep my current version (pics below). I believe other developers will love this too <3

I was added to the beta, and some immediate criticism:
Widgets do not save their positions, sizes etc when testing in a local server with a client. Rather, the widgets now use positions of the default studio layout, which is suboptimal as I do not need the explorer, properties etc for each client - only the output widget.

Besides that, it’s cumbersome that I now need to drop the widget inside the small position docking UI rather than being able to drop it anywhere on another widget, or close to a border.

Another bug I’ve noticed:
If you have several widgets stacked on one another & then close one, the tabs UI at the top still remains:

Reporting another bug :sweat_smile:
When you have multiple widgets stacked on one another & drag a widget out with its tab and then resize the widget, the second widget is suddenly placed under the one you dragged out:

we Definitely need an option to turn off the visual ui editor
we also could use a setting to switch from modern icons to classic and vice-versa
other than these two: everything’s great

Thank you for undoing this, namely the DPI issue. My studio is now back to normal. I wasn’t a huge fan of the new icons, but its super important that the DPI issue not return in a future studio update.

2 Likes

This update is a hell of a lot of bugs and glitches. Roblox Studio on my Macbook feels like it’s been trashed by a second-rate engine development team. Why can’t it be stabilized before releasing the damn update?

1 Like

Can there PLEASE be an option to disable the new docking “overhaul” its extremely annoying to work with and overcomplicated, Not to mention the literal window moving lag when you try to move a window with even just a slightly high polling rate. Yet another example of removing perfectly fine features and replacing them with an overcomplicated version with even more bugs.

You can even see in this video how far behind the window is compared to my actual mouse position

(notepad is to show what it would normally be on a window since I don’t have old studio open atm)

4 Likes

I haven’t opened Unity in six months because I’ve been focusing on Roblox, but Roblox has been doing a really bad job lately, so I opened Unity to show you how simple and easy it is to use. Hopefully the Roblox team will learn this and make Roblox better. By the way, Unity doesn’t have a built-in Script Editor, which I developed myself.

1 Like

Thanks for touching our script editor.

This was a color issue.

3 Likes