Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

Regarding this critical issue that I’m still experiencing, there is no documentation related to adding the viewport tab back and every developer I’ve contacted does not know how they may help with my situation. I’ve tried reinstalling Roblox Studio, resetting all settings, restarting my PC, but there seems to be no help.

I find it unacceptable to phase out a huge change without any prior feedback from us developers and the aftermath has been a buggy situation. I understand that there may be more behind the scenes, but this update could’ve been executed better with more stability, feedback, and optimization.

1 Like

BRUH. EVEN WORSE! ROBLOX REMOVED THE “LEARN MORE” BOX WHEN YOU CHOOSE A SCRIPT TYPE! (eg: string)

Has someone managed to create an icon pack of the existing icons?

I made a video digging into my criticisms of the new icon pack a bit more thoroughly and comparing them to my design approaches used in Vanilla 3.

20 Likes

Issues:

• Layout and canvas size do not save on studio restarts. This is frustrating when working with a dual-monitor setup and having to spend five minutes of a short one-hour work duration to readjust it.

• On multi-screen setup (see attachment below), the docking behavior of windows on non-primary display seems to be full-screen when the main studio is windowed or set to full-screen windowed.

• Image below shows how it looks like on multi-screen setup, where the left side is primary screen, and right side is secondary screen.

• Dock size on the secondary screen seems to exceed the screen boundary on the right and bottom.

Above issues are reproduced by using two 1080p monitors, OS Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 25211. No significant docking or window issues are noted on the latest release note.

@bug-support
thank you so much roblox, now I cannot even see my game at all

5 Likes

got this update again
At least no new icons

Major complaint is that now the script editor lags if you have many long scripts open. This is intruding on my workflow and would be a reason I’d switch to VSCode / Rojo permanently.

Hopefully this gets resolved!

Unsure if I’m just missing something or if it just doesn’t exist yet, but it seems like the way to set your display size (very helpful for ui and other sizing related stuff) …

(previously found here)

I really like the updates you guys have made to Roblox studio!
One problem though: The lag while scripting (and maybe also moving through maps) is a lot.

(Note: Lag might not be noticeable inside the video.)
Before the update, scripting was okay. I have a decent IMac so PC performance should not be an issue.
Is it just my PC or is it just Roblox Studio being weird? Please let me know.

5 Likes

Make a reply here: Studio session runs incredibly choppy after selecting something on macOS Monterey (M1)

It appears that there’s plenty of MacOS users which are experiencing this issue, more people talking about it will hopefully get it fixed.

My job is currently undoable in this condition.

3 Likes

I feel you bro. I realized there are 2 different types of widgets: (I like to call them) permanent and pinned.

The difference being the pin icon.
When I open a new script you can see it will move to output:

However, if I put output as a temporal one then the script will appear in the center:

When moving a widget you can see which ones are temporal/permanent:

Yellow: Permanent
Green: Temporal

If you don’t want the script to attach to the left then use only temporal ones!

1 Like

Is it possible to disable this beta? It is currently impossible for me to effectively work as exiting run/play mode makes a massive, unclosable grey box appear. Toggling output fixes this, but it comes back again after testing.

This is no longer a beta as shown below:

The post should’ve been updated or the quote should’ve been tagged as resolved :thinking:

3 Likes

Will there be an option to revert this update? It makes studio run at as low as 12 FPS making it completely unusable for me.

2 Likes

I don’t think any kind of update that was released to all users was any way revert able so we are kinda stuck with this update right now.

1 Like

I need full access through this enrollment, I have some access to it but only the UI changed.

I need full access to use Custom Icon Directory because I want to try the feature to use Vanilla 3.

This is no longer a beta. Every user has access to the new UI but not the icons as said above.

I see a little box on my top left screen, I cannot do anything with it
It says animation editor but I cannot like do anything with it. weirdly

1 Like

Since the rollback of the new icons, my studio is very bugged.

My layout never saves. Keeps resetting to the version on the right side of my picture. Drafts always open on the right side also. And re-ordering it per studio instance I have opened is very annoying and time-consuming, as it’s also not really working easily.

Studio version 0.546.0.5460523

1 Like

I have the exact same problem also, when I try to script it’s laggy.

1 Like