Studio Design Refresh - Docking Overhaul & Ribbon Upgrade

and plus when I turn my camera to the left or right it just rotates up. not a good update.

1 Like

1 Like

Plugin ui when i click x to close when open new place it still appear even i close it before.

2 Likes

How to get rid of the ugly icons?

1 Like

I hope that someone can bring the pre-October icons (blue) as a pack

Even though the blue icons are bad, i love it because the ribbon icons have color, unlike now there are just… white. Also blue is the same color the studio logo uses too!

1 Like

Just posted a bug report on this horrendous problem.

2 Likes

Man, ROBLOX STINKS, I am battling this bug and a devforum login bug that kept me in the dark thinking I was banned, “Authorization timed out, or you have switched browsers. Please try again.” or “You were logged out.” or Denied http access.

I tried every method listed for this annoying studio design refresh and now I cannot dev anything properly without raging. :rage:

1 Like

Thank You so much… the Reset worked me me… hope it stays that way.

I’m not sure how it happened… thought I must have undocked my main Workspace screen from Studio… and for some reason I can’t get it to go back… as per this video demonstration…

I recently added a 2nd monitor so I can get better workflow visibility.
It was working well for a few days… then that happened.
Anything I tried seemed to be a dead end.

Again Thanks ~ Working fine now.

1 Like

This is still broken, docked plugin windows pop out when playtesting:

2 Likes

This is awesome! I spent like 3 hours trying to figure this out. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Idea is good but it has defently broken the entire studio for some reason.

1 Like

When will Roblox Studio be useable again?

1 Like

Another bug:

I really like the new docking behavior, but it works terrible with double monitors. Basically, the window will move up just enough, so you can’t drag it out. It just gets stuck there until I can drag the window size then it becomes normal.

Image:

2 Likes

i sort of had this bug, not really related to double monitors but i did have moments where i couldnt move the window but my fix was to just change my screen resolution. Not sure if it fix your issue but its a worth a shot

1 Like

So my second monitor is still having docking issues.
Tried using your new Reset View, no change.
Tried deleting the Registry, no change.
Tried uninstalling & installing Studio, no change.

After doing the above steps I opened a place, only moved the camera, and closed Studio down, then reopened the same place without saving. I did it twice and the following screenshots are how my second monitor Explorer, Properties, and Output windows move EACH TIME I open and close down studio.
Original setup after deleting registry, reinstalling, resetting:

2nd opening:

3rd opening:

2 identical basic Acer 22" monitors
Windows 10 Home, version 21H2
AMD FX™-770K Quad Core Processor 3.50 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I also posted this bug here but go no answer from any Roblox Staff… Studio windows on 2nd screen saving in different position off edge of screen

1 Like

It’s concerning how one major update that has been released several months at this point is still having bugs and issues.

2 Likes

In addition, everyone who got the beta to this too early has had to reset their studio registry key.

This is expected, but the new update is not nearly as stable and is not what it’s worth.

I’ve found a bug with the layout settings. The ribbon bar’s visibility no longer saves, and studio constantly opens like this:

I would prefer the ribbon bar to be open. Luckily, deleting the registry key associated with Studio works for me. To prevent all layouts from resetting, keep studio open while you delete the key and then close it. This will prevent your layout from resetting while the ribbon bar’s visibility and other settings will reset.

2 Likes

Another bug:

If you try to playtest sometimes, an overlay will just completely cover the entire screen or just the play testing screen. It’s really annoying now to playtest because I have to retry like 6 times for it work.

2 Likes

Hi @2jammers! Please see this update (and fix) on docking issues:

2 Likes