Studio Disconnecting

Reproduction Steps

When launching my team create, I’ll load in, and not even 5 minutes in, I’ll disconnect. This has happened 5 times or more in a row.

Game Link: DEV HERE - Roblox
Incident ID: 8321293331659053175

System Information: Intel(R) Core™ i7-770 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Beta Features: Accessory Fitting Tool, Face Capture, Intuitive Debugger, Live Animation Creator, New Character Controller, New Experiences Enable Team Create, New Text Chat Service, Notched Screen Support, Save rig right Animation, Scripts Are Non-Strict By Default, Selection and Navigation Improvements in Explorer, Upgrade Shorelines

Expected Behavior

The studio simply disconnects within 5 minutes of loading in.

Actual Behavior

Screenshot is what comes up each time the team create disconnects.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-30 01:01:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-01-30 03:01:00 (-07:00)

24 Likes

Why is this expected behavior?

I don’t experience this error in my area. Does the test place contain any potential server-crashing material?

5 Likes

It does not, it’s just a massive build, I don’t fill out bug requests often so I probably did it wrong, the expected behavior is to be able to open the team create and not disconnect within 5 minutes. This happened yet again today, and all my developers who have access also experience this.

6 Likes

Do you have any unions in your game by chance?

6 Likes

There are several unions in the game.

5 Likes

Does removing them fix the issue?

I’ve had problems like this with unions in the past.

6 Likes

I haven’t tried, the game has 241K parts, so that would be quite the undertaking.

6 Likes

Consider using remodel in order to automate the process, really helpful tool in situations like this!

4 Likes

We have tried this, and had no luck.

6 Likes

Help im unable to continue to dev because Roblox Studio got auto log out me and got and error for no reason!

4 Likes

I am consistently having this issue as well, again with a massive build. This dosn’t happen on local files, but do you know if this is specifically a team create issue?

Update: this does not happen with team create off. If you need to work on a live build, but team create isn’t necessary, turn it off. Otherwise, you just have to wait for Roblox to fix it.

6 Likes

Hello. Does this issue happen for all places or specific ones? Does the connection indicator in the top right of studio change at all during this period before disconnecting?

6 Likes

As far as I can tell this only occurs on places with a large amount of parts with team create on. Hopefully other people have some more details.

Update: This is not limited to studio! This happens on actual Roblox places. This is a critically important issue now, I cannot release my update without this being fixed

5 Likes

The issue isn’t occurring anymore.

5 Likes

If I may ask, did you do anything in specific, or did it just go away on it’s own?

5 Likes

I’m still having this issue. Did studio update for you, or did you make any particular changes?

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting this @FederalLaw

We are aware of a potential disconnect scenario in large places (especially those with unions or large terrains) that should happen exactly 6 minutes into opening a session. We’ve been trying to find a concrete repro case. Can you try again and time exactly how long before the disconnect happens? Also would you be willing to share your network stats (e.g. via something like https://www.speedtest.net/).

Feel free to reply to me in a DM instead of this thread.

3 Likes

@APaperDeveloper is the issue you are experiencing follow the same pattern as what OP reported? If so, would you be willing to share a screenshot of the disconnect dialog such that we can investigate further. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

The issue I am experiencing has the same pattern. It only occurs with team create on, but it also occurs in actual experiences published to the Roblox platform. When I attempt to load my place with team create enabled in studio, I get this error message:

When I attempt to join the place that crashes in the actual Roblox client, I get this error message (note that I have had other users attempt to join both the team create and the test server on the actual Roblox client):

I also made a full bug report about this about a month ago, although it is incomplete information-wise. It does include a private crash report file from one of the crashes and my system information: Roblox Studio arbitrarily loses connection on one specific place

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info @APaperDeveloper and sorry that you’re running into this. We’ll keep investigating. This is quite helpful for us as we have a solid repro case for a disconnect issues and improving our connectivity is a high priority for us.

A couple more questions:

Before this issue started happening, where there any noteworthy operations you made? e.g. genarting large terrain, making large unions, importing a lot of parts, plugins, etc?

Have you tried saving your place to a new place and publishing that place? Does that cause the same issue? Or is it not possible for you to open the place at all to make a save due to the disconnect issue?

3 Likes