Studio environment/script editor viewport stuck outside of Studio client

Oh, the window tab selection then? (I think thats the simpler name)

1 Like

Yeah lol, i just couldn’t get better naming for these, thanks

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

2 Likes

Is there any update on this? It’s getting pretty exasperating that I have to restart studio constantly because my viewport gets stuck in this undocked, not-dockable state. It seems to happen more now than it did before, sometimes it gets stuck in this weird state with a single studio instance open. It also seems to happen 100% of the time when I have multiple studio instances open.

What’s even worse is that I cannot control my camera if I want to attempt to use it in this state.

3 Likes

Seems to be fine for me now, are you up to date, what betas are you enrolled in?

Still do it that kinda problematic, 30 minutes to get studio open without this bug…

I literally just realized this was in September… yet it is still happening…

Has there been any updates regarding this bug? Studio is entirely unusable for me in this state, there seems to have been no bug fixes in the past few months, its getting rather frustrating.

cc @R14GENIE, @JorusRetorak

Resetting my studio layout seemed to fix it for me. Try that first maybe?

Nah. No luck. This exclusively happens to any and all additional studio instances I open, which is incredibly annoying when I want to copy + paste some models from one of my games to another. Resetting layouts didn’t work for me

1 Like

Post a reply here:

Can you show a video of the steps you are taking to reset and then the bug? Did a dialog come up requesting you to reset your layout? It should look like this

I do that too, but this is not fixed… But still happend… This is kinda a critical issue…

1 Like

still having the same problem with the latest version

Hi all, just an update on docking corruption. We have drastically reduced the occurrences of this over the past few months, but we know there are still people affected by this daily. We have gathered a lot of data since the most recent changes and have a complete picture as to how this occurs and who it affects. At the current time we’re working to drive our instance count of this to 0 via a series of changes we’ll roll out in the coming weeks. There’s been a number of open threads on this from users experiencing this problem, and we’re consolidating them down to one to focus our messaging here. Please watch this thread for updates!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a fix, I couldn’t get my studio to bug again, but when I was in play mode, and I made my Output float, which is docked at the bottom of my screen, the viewport snapped back to original position. This probably works with any “things” you have docked on your screen. Sorry if this doesn’t work cuz I couldn’t get my studio to do the bug again.

EDIT:
I’ve done this twice and it worked again. can confirm it works, took a few times tho

I have the exact same issue tbh

Hi all, please see this important announcement for our new Studio Docking beta. This was aimed squarely at solving this issue. Try it out and let us know how it’s working!

2 Likes

I sometimes have the exact same issue you are talking about