Studio is forcing the focus to itself after stopping (or playing) a project

Reproduction Steps

After the version with the new “Docking”, Studio is forcing the focus to itself after stopping the experience.
(The same happens when clicking on the “Play” button).

Expected Behavior

After pressing the “Stop” button, Studio should allow the user to open other applications outside of Studio and NOT force the focus back to itself.

Actual Behavior

In the current version, after pressing the “Stop” button, if I move the focus to another program, such as a text editor (using Alt+Tab), when Studio finishes stopping the experiment, it forces the focus back to itself, getting me out of the external text editor (or any other application)

Workaround

After pressing the “Stop” button, I have to wait for the Studio experience to stop completely before switching to another application, otherwise, I’ll have to do the same process twice.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-18 00:08:00 (-03:00)

9 Likes

Roblox staff: just to reinforce, this situation is something that GETS IN THE WAY A LOT of the daily workflow, because, like me, I believe that THOUSANDS of other developers use external text editors.
In my case, I run a switch between the external editor and Studio HUNDREDS OF TIMES A DAY, which means this issue is affecting me hundreds of times a day.
Please, IF THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED SOON, DOWNGRADE MY STUDIO TO the PREVIOUS VERSION (without Docking).

Hey Roblox!
Why are you ignoring this topic?
Is the word URGENT not enough?

3 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll come back with updates when possible.

3 Likes

THE NEW DOCKING SYSTEM WAS ROLLED BACK, so It looks like this has been resolved with today’s update.
Thanks!

Again, Roblox imposed the Studio with the “Docking” version.
And again the bug reoccurred

2 Likes

This issue is still happening can someone please look into it ? It’s extremely annoying and frustrating…

1 Like

Yup, having this aswell as a big blank window appearing each time i start or stop the game in studio

1 Like

Almost 3 months and nothing has been done for something so simple, but very annoying.
When will someone fix this bug?

Hey again, the problem persists.
It’s a little better than before, but it’s still stealing the focus when I open Studio.
Here is an example where I have to recover the focus stolen by Studio 3 times when open it:

5 months and nothing.
It’s very annoying to have to wait for Studio to load completely in order to switch the window to another application, because there’s no point in doing that because Studio keeps stealing the focus while it hasn’t loaded everything.
When will this bug be resolved?

Today I found out that this problem was not only occurring in Studio, but in fact, any other program that is open steals focus from the current program.
I realized this because I tested Studio on another Windows installation and the issue did NOT occur.
This way the issue is actually on my Windows and not on Studio.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
I am closing this report.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.