Studio not responding when trying to open certain game

I’m trying to open a game, but every time I click on the icon, Roblox Studio attempts to connect and then doesn’t’ respond at all. This only applies to certain games, some games open fine. I have deleting my plugins, restarting my computer, and reinstalling Studio.

Usually it doesn’t respond, but it showed this message once or twice: Cant open Place ____. Unable to open the place. Please restart your application and try again. If you continue to encounter this error, please contact customer service. Request Status Code: 2 Connection Result: 0 Connection Closed: Failed | Connection attempt failed.".

3 Likes

Are you trying to open a game file? Is it saying any error message?

1 Like

Most of the time it doesn’t respond. Thought I saw this error message once or twice. “Cant open Place ____. Unable to open the place. Please restart your application and try again. If you continue to encounter this error, please contact customer service. Request Status Code: 2 Connection Result: 0 Connection Closed: Failed | Connection attempt failed.”.

1 Like

Ok! This is very helpful! This may have been caused by Team Create, etc.

Is Team Create on for the game you can’t get on?
Is it a group game?

Very helpful if I could know! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a group game with Team Create on. Though I can open some other games with Team Create on.

1 Like

Yep. That’s it. Sometimes, Studio thinks that you trying to access you shouldn’t be on. Prevents hacking, but with Team Create on, it may break! Please do the following and reply to me if it works (Even if you already did it, do it again :slight_smile:):

1. Close Studio and Reopen

2. Make sure the account your on can access the game

3. Sign out and back into Studio.

4. If you have an ALT that can access the game, log into the studio with your alt.

5. If all else fails above, let me know. If it does, comment “It Worked!”

Hope I helped!

3 Likes

Alright. I went through your checklist. It didn’t work though. I tried it a lot of times with your methods, and for most of the time, Studio didn’t respond. However, sometimes it gave me errors. :frowning:

This error occurs with my PC and laptop, proving the bug/glitch is universal between devices.

Have you tried running on Administrator?

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I have just tried it and it doesn’t work.

Darn, I hope studio works for you later in the future.

It happens to me too since i’ve got a new router. Disable NAT Boost / NAT Acceleration, it might fix the problem. I haven’t fixed it yet too :frowning:

1 Like

I’m still getting this bug.

Happening on a place, in a group that I own. I’ve enabled TC, and I can’t disable or do anything, as I cant even open the place, no matter what I do
https://www.roblox.com/games/6281861025/Assets

1 Like

Try reinstalling your roblox studio, if you still can’t open it, it’s a network ploblem on your computer.

I can open every other place tho

It’s a group ploblem then, it happend to me before. I couldn’t enter any TC games and it made me very mad, this is why i never work with TC as its really buggy sometimes.

Having the same issue.

ignore this, not enough characters

Still having the same issue. It’s been over a month. Has anyone fixed it yet?

1 Like

Hey! I just had the issue happen to me and I found out how to fix it. I simply went to the actual game page, clicked the three dots on the game page and clicked edit through there and it opened! Hope it works for you as well!

Hello,

I’ve tried this method together with attempting to restart my PC to open the game but nothing seems to work, I’m also pretty sure team create is causing this issue. Hopefully this is an issue ROBLOX would fix as I have a ton of work in the game I’m trying to access and it would be a pity to have to restart all those work.