Studio Toolbox Using Paste on V key

Trying to type Ocean Waves

So basically this only happens in toolbox, I pressed the v key in other parts of studio and they all type fine. When I go and copy text though and press the v key, not including ctrl, it will still paste the text.

13 Likes

I am having this bug too. It’s extremely frustrating to now have this happen to me, on top of the other glitches the toolbox is experiencing. I literally have to now copy/paste something into the toolbox that has the letter “v” in it to search for anything. Not that that would have been a problem if I could have seen the model I was looking for in my inventory.

1 Like

I’ve been having this issue too, and recently it seems to be happening most, if not all of the time.

my partner was having this issue the other day. he had his ip address copied to his clipboard, and it was popping up in the toolbox search box every time he pressed v. I just smashed his left and right ctrl buttons a few times with the search box selected that fixed the issue, and he’s not had it since; but it’s rather inconvenient nonetheless.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

This isn’t just exclusive the toolbox. Even the plugins I use experience experience this issue. Currently looking for a repo.

Still looking for a fix, studio acts like I’m always holding down ctrl.

When typing in the Toolbox, regardless of whether you have CTRL held down or not, pressing the V key will paste the latest item from your keyboard into the search bar while typing. It seems to disregard the fact that the control key was released and is still registering input as if CTRL is held down.

Here’s a gif of what I’m talking about. I’m trying to type ‘map voting’ but when I get to ‘map v’ it pastes the copied text.

(Link incase video doesn’t display: https://gyazo.com/1d498f96bd6e376ee24ce51a3a81a24b)

Try pressing right control. It seems to get stuck on for me.

I had to restart studio to fix this just so I could use the toolbox search feature with the letter ‘V’, so unfortunately I can’t do this.

It happen to me but try press the ctrl 2 or more times

Issue is still prevalant.

Only work around currently, is to copy and paste what you want to search in the toolbox.

I finally found a reliable repo for this:

1. (Make sure that there’s text in your clipboard)
  2. Click on the search box to focus on it.
  3. Hold ctrl and then click on the viewport to make the search box lose focus.
  4. Re-focus on the search box by clicking on it.
  5. Without pressing ctrl, press V. The contents of your clipboard will be pasted. Pressing V again and again will keep pasting the clipboard.

The only way to fix this is to press ctrl while the search box (or any other textbox) is focused. Also, this isn’t exclusive to the toolbox’s search box. It also applies to any text box in plugin widgets.

5 Likes

This is still happening for me, for all TextBoxes inside of plugin widgets. It has been happening for quite a while now and I’m really confused as to why it hasn’t been fixed yet.

I’m only able to use plugins reliably if I copy “v” to my clipboard, which is pretty annoying to have to do…

This is still persistent.

Can’t Roblox just remove the CTRL + V functionality of the toolbox?

Both of the operating systems that Roblox supports support this very feature and there’s no reason to include it in the toolbox, other than to be an annoyance.

Hello,

There is an annoying bug where when typing in the toolbox, if you click the letter “V”, it will sometimes paste what was copied on your keyboard, even if the control button was not clicked. To make sure it wasn’t a PC problem, I went into google chrome and used the letter V and it worked normally. I have resorted to typing words with a v in a notepad app then copying and pasting into toolbox, and this is highly annoying.

1 Like

This should be fixed soon in a coming update.

5 Likes

I use the paste function quite often in the tool box, and it would kinda suck if it went away

The paste feature is default in most operating systems.

Roblox removing the short cut of just being V wouldn’t harm anything.

It would just make it required to press CTRL or CMD, which is how it should be.

sometimes V doesn’t paste. Normally it starts after pasting the first time. Its like controlIsPressed stays true