Studio Tweaks - Disable selection box, disable UI Editor, anchor new parts, show selection faces, and more

When selecting multiple items in explorer that aren’t next to each other you hold CTRL instead of SHIFT.

7 Likes

I cannot modify the UI of the explorer. The best I might be able to do is add a context menu control or hotkey for shifting items up or down, but this is likely to be incredibly hacky, slow, and may not save in the order you end up creating. Overall I think it’s very out of reach, and not useful enough to invest the effort. The ordering is an aesthetic choice and any organizational ordering you can accomplish using folders in most cases.

See the reply above addressing the multiselect.

Thanks, and thanks for the suggestions though!

3 Likes

I’ve updated Studio Tweaks with a large rewrite of architecture. Please update and let me know ASAP if anything is broken.

This also includes a fix for selecting hidden services throwing errors.

2 Likes

Every time I select a part, something prints “false”

Yep, just fixed.
Also added a quick link to this topic to the context menu.

1 Like

Made the selection box now have a dynamic thickness depending on camera distance (thanks @Fractality for point-to-part distance algorithm).

Also added a selection box replacement for FaceInstances (Decals / Textures), connected to the same selection box setting.

Due to how stupidly massive the selection box for decals is, this replacement is very far off the surface of the part, but it still does the job, and allows you to comfortably align textures with adjacent textures using UV offset properties. Please support this feature request: Make texture/decal selection box thinner / transparent

Let me know if anything is broken, as usual.

3 Likes

RobloxStudioBeta_oIQp7VPeya
These happen whenever I press play.

2 Likes

Oversight, fixed now.

1 Like

And no errors other than that.

Love this plugin! Absolutely recommend it to anyone that asks

I’ve added an option to anchor new default property parts added to the workspace.

TODO: Make this work when inserting Parts with different Shape property set (i.e. spheres)

1 Like

but now i cant see the edges of the part, they stay really big when getting closer to the part, cant use it now.

they stay really big when getting closer to the part

Clarify? This is the opposite of what that setting should do. Can you use an image?

1 Like

It is a random bug, ill get a picture when it happens.This started on the most recent update

Adding certain parts through the menu on Studio will be unanchored even if you have the “Anchor new parts in workspace” setting on.

https://gyazo.com/ff8355e5599044b9a055aefa8a7d0324

Known issue, will fix soon

1 Like

Just a small bug, for me the face indicator is not working when I select parts, I’ve tried turning it off and on again, its been like that for a while but I didn’t notice it until now when I need it

You will need to provide more information, this works fine for me on all quality levels.

• Reproduction steps
  • Errors in the output
  • Screenshots
1 Like

not sure how to reproduce the issue but I have just tried reinstalling it and still nothing, here is a screen shot

the face selection markers one works, but I would prefer the decal one.

error in the output there is related to another plug-in

I guess I should make a settings submenu for the bool toggles. You must enable “Use selection face markers”. The setting you have enabled toggles between the text markers and the simplified adornees.

2 Likes