Studio Tweaks - Disable selection box, disable UI Editor, anchor new parts, show selection faces, and more

You will need to provide more information, this works fine for me on all quality levels.

• Reproduction steps
  • Errors in the output
  • Screenshots
1 Like

not sure how to reproduce the issue but I have just tried reinstalling it and still nothing, here is a screen shot

the face selection markers one works, but I would prefer the decal one.

error in the output there is related to another plug-in

I guess I should make a settings submenu for the bool toggles. You must enable “Use selection face markers”. The setting you have enabled toggles between the text markers and the simplified adornees.

2 Likes

ah I got it now, thanks, I’m sure I had both on at one point when trying to get it to work, must not have.

1 Like

Inserting spheres and cylinders should now anchor automatically when the setting is enabled.

Also moved adornee sub-settings into a submenu.

1 Like

Added an option to automatically disable CastShadow on new inserted baseparts.

1 Like

Hi!

I’ve got a feature request for Studio Tweaks. It would be really nice if there was an option to set the anchor point to the middle. When creating UI, I often forget this step, then later I have to go back and fix everything because it’s not scaling properly. That would be awesome.

Thanks!

Please fix this.
This issue appears in a team create of a game i’m working on.

More information about what exactly is wrong is required.
What kind of instance is that, what do you expect to see, and a reproduction file preferably.

Looking in TC myself I see nothing wrong with any of the adornments when viewing from an alt.

1 Like

The selection box is oversized and the instance is a part. This is caused by the dynamic size part/decal selection box while in a team create.
The selection box size seems to change with how closer it is to 0,0,0 and not my camera.

What is the position and size of the part? Does this only happen in TC? The pink is your selection box, correct?

Never mind, can reproduce.

1 Like

The size is “4, 1, 2” and the position is “0, 796.695, 0” (or higher). My selection box is pink, yes.
Also, good to know, hope you can fix this.

2 Likes

This should be fixed now.
It looks like the camera I was fetching from workspace and saving in a local variable in team create gets replaced after plugins load, so the CFrame that was being fetched by the code handling outline size was always placed at origin, since it was the incorrect camera. I’ve corrected this for all instances where CurrentCamera is used.

cc @Wertyhappy27 Studio Tweaks - Disable selection box, disable UI Editor, anchor new parts, show selection faces, and more - #56 by Wertyhappy27, perhaps same issue.

3 Likes

Hello, there seems to be a performance issue when using this plugin.

With plugin turned off:
https://streamable.com/hf1gx6

With plugin turned on:
https://streamable.com/qz1wym

Here are my settings:
Imgur

I love this plugin; it’s great. But, it’s hard to use when my studio hangs while trying to delete multiple parts, sometimes studio never responds and my ram usage goes to 100%, then I have to close it via task manager. If this could get fixed it would be appreciated as I actively use this plugin.

Thanks!

2 Likes

It looks like SelectionChanged fires multiple times when you delete multiple parts. :slight_smile:
Will investigate after work.

Related: Bulk-process selection-related operations on instances - Do not fire SelectionChanged for every instance in a mass-delete

2 Likes

Maybe make the markers smaller as the camera gets closer, like the selection box.

4 Likes

This should now be fixed.

2 Likes

Useful for ui designer, builder , Keep Going!

3 Likes

How do you exactly get this to work? I tried right clicking, going in the Plugins area, and I even checked to see if it was installed. Sure enough, it is, but for some reason it’s not letting me use the actual plugin itself. I’m on the highest graphics quality, and latest version of studio. Obviously, you can only use studio if it’s up to date.

I do see this circle in the center, but no actual clue on how to use it.

Edit

I just figured out that you have to press P. A visual indication of this keybind would be nice as not everyone would get this plugin directly from the Devforum. Thanks otherwise

This is opened by default?
I do need to change the text in here however.

1 Like