This is a plugin that adds new adornments, gizmos, and visualizers to Studio, and offers options to change some frustrating default Studio behavior. See below for a summary of features.
Formerly Extra Dragger Gizmos.
Inspired by the removal of hinges, which people used to see the orientation of part faces.
Remember to disable the hotkey hint overlay once you know how to open this menu.
In a verbose style, and a simplified style: cylinders correspond to positive direction, and cones correspond to negative direction.
WeldConstraints can be visualized using the ShowDetails + ShowWelds options in the ribbonbar. However, there is no such option for normal Welds. This adds nearly functionally identical visualizers for Welds and other JointInstances that obey the ShowDetails and DrawOnTop ribbonbar settings.
These visualizers also work for joints such as Motor6Ds.
Support this thread so these visualizers can be more efficient:
- GetPropertyChangedSignal does not work for StudioService ShowConstraintDetails or DrawConstraintsOnTop
And this thread so they can support the ShowWelds and Scale options:
This replaces the default selection box for both parts / models, and decals / textures with less obstructive versions. The outline thickness for parts/models is distance-controlled.
Due to how stupidly massive the selection box for decals / textures is, the replacement is very far off the surface of the part. Please support this feature request:
This is a hack and you should read more below to see limitations and notes.
❗ Important notes
- You must have your graphics quality in edit mode set high enough for this effect to work. The plugin will attempt to set your graphics quality to at least 16 if it is too low.
- The selection box replacement option is a hack.
- This adds a collision group to your game if you enable this option. If you leave it disabled, you don’t have to worry about this extra group. You can delete this group safely, but it will come back if you use the replacement selection box.
- Since this is a hack using the quirk of transparent glass where it hides some effects, using this selection box replacement will cause transparent parts to turn fully invisible when dragging them, and cause other adornments on parts to turn invisible temporarily.
- This feature is optional and easy to toggle on and off.
- This option creates a glass part around your selection to force the default collision box to disappear.
- This part is in a collision group that does not collide with the default group, causing all Studio tools to ignore it. You cannot interact with it.
Wow, now you can see what you are doing.
When you are closer to the model/part you’re hovering the mouse over, the hover box (not the selection box) will become thinner and more transparent to be less obstructive.
If a part is added under workspace and it matches Studio’s default properties for that part’s class, it will have its default properties adjusted as configured.
Disables the resize handles and overlays for the UI Editor. Dragging UI elements still works; this cannot be prevented.
It turns out you can just turn the ScreenGuis off. Did nobody try this?
Disables the yellow overlays for the UI Editor that always get in your way, but not the resize handles nor dragging function. This is perhaps the most usable state for the UI Editor.
- Reloading (e.g. updating) the plugin sometimes doesn’t re-enable the UI Editor if it was disabled.
Removed because Roblox rendered them unnecessary.
Studio now no longer selects every descendant, so both of these features are no longer necessary.
- Disable reselecting parts and models when undoing a delete
- Do not select every descendant when undoing a delete
Press P to open the settings context menu . You can create a hotkey for this by searching “tweaks”.
By default, the extra adornments will not apply to selections larger than 50 parts to prevent significant performance impact. You can disable this safety feature if you want. There are still some optimizations I can do with this (e.g. object pooling).
All features can be enabled or disabled independently.
New adornments work on both part and model selections.
All behavior changes and new adornments only work in edit-mode, not run or play mode.
Please let me know if you manage to break it and how, or if it gets in your way. If you have unacceptable performance problems, send me a microprofiler dump.
As usual, use with caution.
Please also let me know if there are other features you’d like to see.