Summary of Roblox UGC Limiteds in games. Many things are not good for organizers

Hi, I’m Ryxku and I’ve been in the UGC program for a few months now. I never did free limiteds until Roblox announced that you can get free limiteds in game. At first sight, it’s great because our games get a lot of audience in such a short time but the game becomes deserted again at the end…
I spent 4 days creating a great event for my eye escape game and when I released my limited, nothing went as planned. In just a few minutes, 180 people managed to get their hands on the accessory in an unknown way.
I learned and remembered the flaws that could be found in our Roblox games. First of all, despite the presence of Byfront, cheaters haven’t changed their ways. They fly as before.
What’s more, cheaters can teleport to other ID places belonging to the same main place.
I don’t know how they do it, but now I know it’s possible and I should have created a script that kicks the player from the place where there’s a reward with badge verification.
There were also teleportation problems, and I got a lot of criticism, it ruined my evening and I got very depressed, a lot of people started threatening me on social networks and on Roblox out of sheer frustration, because of the teleportation bugs, and that there weren’t enough copies for everyone.
I wasted 12,000 robux on a show that only lasted 30 minutes. I’m extremely disgusted with my investment, I have no protection, it’s impossible to stop cheaters. I know the feature has only just been released, but I wish everyone who tried to put free limiteds into play could receive a refund because Roblox still has instabilities with teleportations, has loopholes where people can prompt in advance the purchase of an accessory whenever they want, I think it’s shameful. And we have no resources to counter these problems specifically. We’re not real scriptwriters, but it’s not easy to manage everything as a UGC Creator. I’ve got a lot of skills on Roblox, but I can’t do everything at once.

Expected behavior

My event could have gone off just fine if the requests to teleport players between several places were normal. It’s not normal to suffer Roblox’s bugs for free, we’re not compensated for it.
What’s more, players can now cheat with non-roblox softwares that can use a kind of console dev to teleport or prompt an accessory for purchase.
But by the way, there are no flaw with badge awards. So why not “award” accessories instead? That could have avoided a whole bunch of problems, plus I’m creating anti-cheats specific to my game. I never do nothing.

A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

Likely not a bug but rather a missing feature to the current UGC limited system (it doesn’t seem like UGC Limiteds were meant to be used for events yet through the method you describe - just by the way they are implemented and as you put it, their lack of security), please support this feature request instead!

3 Likes

closing in favor of this topic: That’s why people could prompt the free limited from the start - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox

1 Like