Support for the index controllers

Right now it is extremely difficult to play VR games with the index controlers as the controls are completely messed up, i have to use the touch pads for everything and it is extremely difficult to figure out what does something, its like the normal A button is imported into the touchpad, the buttons dont even do anything at all! I also constantly drift with movement when i accidently grab the controllers, it looks like the movement is imported to grabbing the controllers.

Some issues i have encountered ingame:

In some games i constantly move around by simply grabbing the controller, this is so annoying as it looks like im drifting away out of nowhere.

In VR hands, to move my left thumb up, i had to press somewhere in the middle at the left side on the touchpad.
This took a few weeks to figure out and it was extremely difficult to have both thumbs up at the same time as i had to hold both of my controllers next to eachother and hold my hands extremely weird to move my right thumbstick to the left and touch the touchpad at the same time and i can’t even have both thumbs up at the same time!

In the new EdgeWorks game, i cant even reload a gun as i couldn’t figure out which touchpad position would reload something, i saw people easily reload the rocket launcher, yet i couldn’t even reload anything due to the weird controls.

These controllers have a nice feature called finger tracking and its not supported yet in roblox, this could open up a route for so many cool games.

A lot of people have picked up a Valve Index + controllers because of Half Life Alyx, or just because they like playing VR, it is becoming bigger and bigger with a lot of people joining it each day.

16 Likes