Switcher — Free, Quick class conversion plugin

Switcher logo

Switcher lets you change any instance’s class with two clicks.
Boost your efficiency by letting Switcher take the wheel and automate property copying for you!

Fast

Switcher is designed specifically for fast operation. You don’t even need a widget to use it - just press shortcut and the menu will appear.

demo video

Intelligent

Switcher recommends related classes and sorts them by property similarity. The algorithm raises the most frequently used ones above for convenience.

demo video

Always up to date

Switcher uses API rather than hardcoded database, which allows it to be always up to date, even if you don’t update the plugin. Each 3 days Switcher syncs with API and saves copy to save your traffic.

demo video

Clipboard

If you don’t need to convert an instance, but rather transfer its properties to another, try using the clipboard. It allows you to easily copy/paste properties, tags, attributes or all at once in a few clicks. In addition, the clipboard is customizable.

demo video

Customizable

Switcher gives you a lot of control - mark which classes you like the most and they will be on top as favorites. If you clicked on a class by accident and you dont want to see it as previously used, click “forget” and it will no longer be marked.

demo video

Any Questions?

How to setup shortcuts?

Setup shortcuts:

tutorial video

Video can't load?

To set shortcuts:
Go to: File → Advanced → Customize Shortcuts

Then, to find it faster, type “Switcher” in the search box.

Select the shortcut of Switcher named: “Convert Selection to…” and double click on the empty field. Then press the desired shortcut on the keyboard, for example Ctrl + B.

If you make a mistake:
double click on the field then right click → Clear shortcut.

Also, Switcher have another shortcut that summons clipboard! Setup it too, you know how already. To find it, type: “Switcher” in the search box. I recommend using: Ctrl + Alt + C

Now to convert Instances without widget you just need to click on the shortcut!

Enjoy!

Settings
How to use deprecated classes?

Toggle widget, then press on three dots in the top-right corner, toggle on deprecated classes

What is the Smart Name setting?

If you have edited the Instance name Switcher will leave it the same after convertion, and if not Switcher will set the name to default. Example:

before convertion: TextLabel, Name: TextLabel
after convertion with SmartName enabled: TextButton, Name: TextButton
after convertion with SmartName disabled: TextButton, Name: TextLabel

What does 'Forget In' setting mean?

Every time you open any place Switcher checks your previously done actions, and if the action has not been reused in X days Switcher forgets it automatically.

The default is 7 days.

More:

Credits
Credits
Scripts and UI by @Recodetfort
Inspired by Elttob’s Reclass
Icons by Qwreey’s Icon Pack
Gifs edited on ezgif website

Plugin's Permissions
Permission Required Reason
raw.gihubusercontent.com Yes Obtaining up-to-date class data
Script Enjection No If you need to convert scripts or something that contains scripts

About Clipboard

The clipboard makes it easy to copy and paste properties, tags, attributes or everything at once in a couple of clicks. It is only available via shortcut. Learn how to set up shortcuts in “Any Questions?” section.

Here’s everything you need to know for the best experience:

• The clipboard adds settings, not sets. This means that if you paste tags, the old ones will remain.
  • Clipboard can be customized in the widget. Open the widget and click on the three dots in the top right corner.

That’s it!

Get it on Roblox    Get it on Itch.io    Support

Check out Eye, the most advanced time tracker

Feel free to give feedback, report bugs, and give suggestions!

Have fun converting classes back and forth :]

21 Likes

изображение
proceeds to forget
Nice plugin regardless, will give it a try later.

7 Likes

Great plugin, the recommended tab saves time

3 Likes

Haha. I did it because I knew I’d forget to put the link. Anyway, I forgot. How comical lol.
Thanks for pointing that out!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Recommendations are made by similarity of classes, because usually people change classes to very related ones, say from TextLabel to TextButton or Frame to CanvasGroup. and it works even better than I expected.

2 Likes

Really great plugin, far better than reclass. I love how you just double click it and that you can favourite classes. And the shortcut is also godly. You deserve more recognition! :+1:

3 Likes

When you stop testing the game you get an error everytime, can you patch the plugin? It’s a really minor issue, it just clutters up the output.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks for such a nice review, I’m very happy to hear that. It’s nice that you found it better than Reclass) I was inspired by it when I made my plugin haha.

Thanks for the bug report, it’s a small detail that degrades the user experience. I’ve already found the problem. A patch will be released today with small improvements in other things :wink:

If any problems appear in the future feel free to post here)

Edit: update is now avaliable :]

1 Like

Major update v1.0.0

Added Clipboard

The clipboard has made Switcher even more useful. Learn more.

Better messages

The messages became intuitive and fit with the studio’s theme.

4 Likes

Update v1.3.0

Search Engine improvements

Write only the capital letters of the class to find it.

Search Engine improvements

Enter to convert

Once you have written the desired class in the search box press the Enter to convert the selection to the very first class suggested.

Enter to convert

1 Like

great plugin, been looking for this for a while (which isn’t overpriced)

1 Like

I’m very glad you like Switcher! I was looking for a free converter too, but couldn’t find one and decided to make my own. And then published it.

1 Like

if i have a script and want to chage it to a local script will it move le code to?

Yep. Switcher supports every Roblox instance that can be created and destroyed.

So it works with scripts too!

But make sure to give Switcher permission to insert scripts.