Taking Action on Copies of Roblox-Created Limiteds

They flood the market, are lazy and dont even look good. 90% of them use stolen images off google. Im pretty sure that Borzoi photo was stolen from Esperborzoi.

3 Likes

Definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully you can do something about people abusing groups as well, as that’s also been an issue for some time. Other then that, great update!

1 Like

Very a great update from on now I don’t have to see copied limited items anymore.

1 Like

Great update overall, just hope creators have a room for genuine accidental copying, as there’s quite a lot of limiteds that are extremely basic ideas anyone can accidentally be remade, specially if they’re not in the trading community

1 Like

Going to say this is a case to case scenario because those crowns shown on your reply for example, is completely justified on getting removed, because its very obvious on what the intention of the uploader/modeler was in the first place.
I just don’t really think people that get into UGC solely just to upload only similar items to the federation series or void star series should stay in the program.

What happens to items that don’t get removed with items with such intentions like this for example, they realize they can get away with it so they make more and more of these only because they can simply get away with it. Adding tiny changes to a shape or mini decorations shouldn’t keep an item safe from facing the consequences it deserves, especially if they exploit the fact by making the price of the item significantly higher than what other item types range around at, they know what they’re doing lol

A good example with what i mean by people doing this is this one group here

I don’t think every single adaptation should be removed for say but there is a very high percentage that should be removed and should be individually investigated in a group to group basis to see the uploaders/group owners intent as it’s very easy to tell that just by viewing the group store if there is a pattern

1 Like

Fantastic! Personally I’ve never liked seeing hats that went to copy limiteds because we already have way to many on the market that look similar to one another. I say people need to revisit the drawing board to come up with some interesting hat ideas if they want to make use of their UGC permissions.

The only way for them to stop is for roblox to allow UGC faces. It’s especially infuriating with these as they clog up the catalog and the solution is so obvious.

1 Like

I hope they get rid of these genuinely. I cringe a little when I see one of these inside of a game.

It destroys the home effect of ROBLOX.

I hope they just delete these all together.

1 Like

Finally Roblox! After what seems like forever you guys are finally stepping in!

1 Like

To counter your point, I honestly don’t have any issues with that group, as the items published are adaptations. They’re not deceiving or taking advantage of anyone. Everyone involved knows it’s an item inspired by another. Although similar, they are distinctly different enough to distinguish the two. Should two items be so similar that they become difficult to distinguish, then I would agree that it should be removed.

You also mentioned that the crowns were, “completely justified on getting removed, because its very obvious on what the intention of the uploader/modeler was in the first place.” Their intention was to make money, just as anyone else who uploads UGC. With that said, I want to highlight the second crown – the one with a tree. The crown is very clearly an adaptation and not an imitation. There is absolutely no mistaking the two, as both the mesh and texture is quite different. If you were to say this had malintent, I would have to entirely disagree with you.

With this logic, you could say that many popular songs should be banned as well. Thousands of artists sample older songs and adapt them to have a more modern take. Famous artists such as Dua Lipa, Ava Max, Ariana Grande, and endless more have used samples in their music. Further, music covers would be the equivalent of retexturing an accessory. Do you believe adaptations in this context would be prohibited? If not, how is different from adaptations within UGC? They both stand to profit from the consumer, which has a choice in purchasing or not.

To address your mention of price, I don’t believe it holds relevancy in this context, as all creators are free to set their prices to whatever they would like. If a user finds a price unfair, they simply won’t buy it.

With all that said, I would genuinely like to hear your response to this without a difference in opinion being understood as an argument.

When i said the intention of the uploader/modeler was obvious on what it was in the first place I moreso meant the inspiration of the item being created in the first place besides the monetary aspect of things. There could be many other smaller hints and pieces that would make it easy to tell what they were going for such as name, description sometimes, specific smaller details of an item that is distinct to just one item. Some people make it very obvious even as an adaptation.

In a way it does. I’ve noticed most of the time whenever somebody makes an adaptation of an item or an imitation they usually will spike up the price due to it being intended to look close enough to an existing limited item usually that is in high demand. I don’t necessarily know what else the reason would be other than taking advantage of people that very badly want a limited item.

This is something I somewhat agree with to an extent, but just going by the past of items that have been deleted, it seems to be a case to case scenario as i said before. Have noticed that as long as the adaptation has just a few consistent features compared to the limited item, it gets deleted even if something small is changed around with a detail, this includes the tree item unfortunately.
Just so you can at least visualize what i mean i’ll outline the consistent features for you that having multiple of these at once likely caused it to get deleted

the star on top is actually something that all of the smaller federation series has in common

1 Like

If they were to let us be able to create custom faces we would probably see a lot less of these.

1 Like

Amazing That’s a good response to that one’s which just creates rip-off’s of UGC items because some people just enter into the ugc program and many others just get rejected and after that those ones who got accepted they just start to create rip-off’s of Limiteds Closing the opportunity for those who really want to express their creativity. Thank you so much! (Sorry I’m I have grammar errors, My main language isn’t English)

Yeah that’s why we have lots of that stuff in the catalog because Roblox still doesn’t allow us the creation of UGC faces

This is quite interesting. Roblox will now be refunding those who buy these knockoff versions of Roblox limited items. People are purposely buying these knockoffs because they look like the real thing. I don’t think Roblox should refund those who have bought these knockoff items.

I’m curious as to how Roblox plans on doing this. I am worried that many normal UGC items might be taken down. I guess I will just hope this doesn’t become the case…

This is still an absolute W update though. It’s good to know that Roblox hears our concern regarding this situation. Thank you Roblox for taking action!

3 Likes

Good! Finally, Roblox is doing something about it!

But what about UGC Creations that are similar to limiteds and other models made by Roblox because they’re very basic/the idea of the model is basic? And what if the UGC Creations were uploaded being similar to other models, and the UGC Creators were unaware of other models made by Roblox existing like it and being similar?

1 Like

Yeah and they ended up restoring the items that they literally made a devforum post against and deleting soon after, less than a day in which is sad, but not really surprising

2 Likes

The blush isnt an issue. Thats a legit item that can serve an actual purpose in giving people more creativity on their avatar

1 Like

Would agree if there wasn’t 1000 of them.

1 Like

Well yes with all the different skin tones. This could be solved if roblox woupd implement a variation selection within purchasing an item.

5 Likes