Team Create Bugs. Post 'em Here!

In the last days, my friends and I experienced some issues with Team Create. On Saturday the 14th did autosave permanently resolve in:

Server Save Error: "Error 404": Not found

When joining today the bug was fixed, it saved normally. But every 2 - 5 minutes it kicked all of us(3 persons) out of the place for no reason. Restarting Studio did not help at all. Its the standard message saying:

“You have lost connection to the server . . .”

Roblox studio version: 0.401.0.338533

Is this a problem of us or Roblox?
What to do to prevent further crashing?

Regards, goldi111

While working in team create, if you change RenderFidelity property of a Mesh Part from Precise to Automatic - it instantly crashes other team members (but not my own client), without any warning or even a crash popup. It simply closes the studio and nothing else.

I’m able to reproduce this 100% of the time by joining a Team Create session with a team member, and changing any MeshPart’s RenderFidelity from Precise to Automatic. This does not occur when changing from Automatic to Precise.

1 Like

Hi!
We had identified this bug with RenderFidelity & TeamCreate recently, and it should be addressed in the current studio release.

When you’re added to a Team Create owned by a player, you can’t access the full developer console and can’t shut down servers. This makes it really hard to debug the game.

I noticed that I can’t invite anyone to team create anymore after the latest update.
I’m a beta tester in case that helps.
Heres a image.

edit: tryed restarting. No change
edit2: Windows 10 64 BIT hp x360 Windows 10 1903 Anti-virus: Webroot.

Have you tried seeing if it got moved into Game Settings?

Team Create is killing my PC with lag everywhere. Studio sometimes freezes endlessly and does not force exit. I have to manually kill the Task in Task Manager. I believe my System is powerfull.

Please try to be as descriptive as possible.

In what cases are you seeing latency?
What actions are causing Studio to freeze?
If you make a team create place using the empty baseplate template, are you still seeing issues? Could you private message me the placeId you are connecting to as well as more information on the specifics of your system?

Sorry about that. I was losing my mind and not giving enough information. I was currently working on a game with a friend of mine, all went fine for a few minutes untill i started to notice the Software became unstable. The whole experience decided to be as slow which made the Whole of Roblox Studio to freeze and become none responsive and not force quitting. After manually killing the task and re-opening Studio, the experience became even worst. I was unable to move my mouse and in the process it shut down my livestream to Mixer even when OBS Studio was still running. I was connected to a strong internet network to provide the best speed but this was not enough to keep the experience smooth like I wanted it to.

Hello. After trying out Team Create more, I ran into a couple of bugs that seem like it broken something. So here is what I found :

1. When you try to disable Team Create, Studio freezes and does not respond but refreshes and sometimes brings up an error that reads “Cannot open published game”
  2. When a place has Team Create enabled to which a copy is saved and I try to publish it without going into Team Create, it refuses to Publish at all.
  3. When opening the place that has Team Create disabled, some models and meshes disappear from the Place leaving only the Models placed by the User.
  4. Also, when trying to Publish a copy of the place when it had Team Create on can corrupt your place and Studio refuses to open it.

After numerous attempts at publishing the Place. It became corrupted and not Usable. Team Create has corrupted my Place.

I just had the worst nightmare come true that every developer fears, Losing progress.

I just spent 4-5 hours building, for it all to revert to the point of which I started. Frustration is an understatement. I can’t express in text how utterly painful and angering it is to lose hard work because of Team Create deciding not to save. TC gave me no signs that anything was wrong either, not once did I disconnect or see my network status offline. Everything seemed fine. All I did was log out of Studio and rejoin the place I’m working on. Rejoining to find it at an old save session. So my first reaction is; What??? So I instantly go and check my autosave file and my recent saves, finding that none of those were updated with my new progress either.

So here I am left utterly confused as to why nothing saved, and why none of my local files were updated either. I have no idea why this happened or what caused this to happen I’m still in denial of the fact that I just lost 4-5 hours of work.

1 Like

Wow…I am really sorry to hear this.
I can only imagine how frustrating it is to dedicate so much time to working on something in Studio, only to have it thrown away. We will actively be looking into this.

We shipped a fix for an issue last week related to data loss in Team Create. I want to see if it could be related to that issue, with perhaps just unfortunate timing. The following questions will help us determine that.

Were there packages in your place?
When did the data loss occur?
When did you notice the data loss?
How long does a typical team create session last for you/your group?
What type of data was lost? (Script source, Parts, etc…)
Were there other editors in the team create place at the time the place should have been saving?
Is so, were their changes lost as well?
Did you notice anything in the output related to successful saving or saving errors?

Again, we are painfully sorry that this occurred. As an additional request. could you DM me the placeID? I doubt we will be able to recover anything on our end if the issue was related to the team create server, but it never hurts to take a look.

1 Like

This reminds of the “Phantom” bug I got in teamcreate near the beginning of the year. Nothing I built replicated to other people in the session, but I could see them flying around. I didn’t notice until someone was confused about what I was pointing at. The session was active for at least 6 hours, maybe even twice that if we left it running for the day.

Team Create won’t allow me to change other’s permissions (Play, Edit, Configure)

The button to change permissions is disabled and it won’t let me click it.

Currently we allow only friends to be able to edit each other places. Is this person a friend on Roblox platform?

I’m currently having the same issue as @ItsMatko and it’s with a friend on the platform. @Voidage

1 Like

@ItsMatko @Scriptos If you remove and re-add your friend does it allow you to change the users permission?

I’ve just attempted this and can confirm that it does not work even after removing and re-adding my friend. It isn’t for this one specific person, either. I can’t change anyone’s permissions, and I get the same result for any game that I try to use Team Create on.

We were able to confirm this applies to any user you had added prior to a recent update and will turn off the corresponding change, but removing and re-adding friends from Game Settings has fixed that in our testing. We are unable to reproduce a user’s permission being locked after re-adding them.

Are you removing/re-adding your friend through Game Settings, or unfriending/refriending them? If the former, can you make sure to provide information described in How to post a Bug Report? (e.g. placeId, repro steps, userId of user you’re adding, a video, etc)

What issue are you having?

• The user permissions drop down list is greyed out after enabling Team Create and then going to Game Settings > Permissions. I am able to interact with the big red X box and am able to successfully remove/add collaborators, but can not change permissions in order to allow people to edit.

• Here is a link to a place where I am currently having this issue (placeId: 4300477207), but this happens to me 100% of the time at every single place that I have enabled Team Create, not just the one that I’m linking.

• This applies to all new Collaborators, even after removing and re-adding them through the Game Settings window.

• Closing and reopening the place after enabling Team Create doesn’t seem to help at all.

• My friend @Voidage is having the same issue, so I can confirm that it isn’t happening to just me.